Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free sold without product demo or information

I have had a pair of the headphones for just over a year and even though Bose has replaced them twice, and preformed numerous firmware reloads/updates, they still lack the Bose quality and performance I have grown to expect.  Personally if you can, I would return them and wait for Bose to get this right. I even wrote Bose a letter detailing my experience, but unfortunately only received an email saying thank you and we'll forward your letter to the responsible team.  This is one produce I am sorry I ever bought.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Even after a year of someone having the problem I am experiencing the same problem of latency of sound when playing pubg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Even after a year of someone having the problem I am experiencing the same problem of latency of sound when playing pubg

Please reply immediately as a lot of people facing this problem

I hope brand like bose would not disappoint me

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Soundsport Free Wireless Audio Delay

Hi,

I've had my Bose SoundSport Free Wireless earbuds for over a year now, but started noticing an audio lag when playing videos recently. It is happening for all videos played over multiple streaming services on my Mac Laptop, and multiple apps on my iPhone including YouTube. Netflix and Hulu on my iPhone seem okay though.

I also just updated to the latest firmware but did not help. After reading posts it seems like this has been a consistent issue for years without any fix.......is there any update on this? These are not cheap headphones...

Thanks.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Soundsport free lag

Hey Bose, I just wanted to know when the lag with the soundsport free headphones would be fixed. It’s normally when I’m on YouTube and Netflix please please update the app again to make these things work! I paid 200 dollars 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Bose SoundSport lap

I bought the Bose SoundSport and I notice the audio does not sync with most videos. The experience makes watching a video boring. 

I have updated it and still have the same problem of the audio lapping. 

sounds is great but i would have returned the it back where I got it from but I’m miles away from Walmart as I live in the U.K. can you kindly fix this problem

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Re: Soundsport free lag

I've been thinking the same thing for a year now.  $200 down the drain, and the last Bose product I'll ever buy.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Soundsport free lag

So I have found the issue with all of your lag issues.

I'm an IT professional (network engineer) by trade to give you an idea of the tech expertise behind the research 🙂  

Well it seems Bose is using old codecs that aren't specialized for low latency.  Originally bluetooth headsets were just for calls where you really don't need the real time connectivity.  
Think what you're asking the devices to do.  You hit play on your phone.  it streams through Bluetooth via a codec to your phone.   Processing/decoding of this signal would introduce lag.   The only way is to have a codec that specializes in low latency real time communications.  Enter atpX.   

If you get a pair of headphones that feature aptX or aptX HD,  you should NOT experience any of these lag issues.   I have MANY pairs of bluetooth headphones of different price points and quality.   If you really want to test this,  go and buy a cheap pair of AptX headphones on Amazon and watch your latency issues disappear.  

Bose has REALLY let me down by not staying ahead of the curve and adapting these technologies.  Honestly, its one of those things most people don't even understand enough to know what they're missing.    

I bought my first pair of SoundSports online to try and while I'm truly "fairly" impressed by the audio quality,  its not leaps and bounds better than others, just clear.   I personally am disgusted by the lag and wouldn't EVER consider Bose again until they step up their game.   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Soundsport free sound delay

Have the soundsport ear buds been recalled yet? Or replacement with new working chipset? 

Im experiencing extreme audio delay.

for example when mobile gaming on . PUBG You fire your weapon and don’t hear the sound until seconds after your shot. 

Bose soundsport free 

iOS mini 5

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Soundsport free sound delay

Apparently admins are merging thread to minimize the visuals of this problem. 

I will be resposting in response to this blatant attempt to silence customers.   

Further unauthorized dismissal, moving, or merging of my posts will result in losing a Bose customer for LIFE!  

Thanks!!!