Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

It’s not only YouTube app, when I’m typing the lag still on and when you play games like PUBG or other game the lag still there. Try it and you will see.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Have the latest firmware, the audio lag is an issue. When is bose going to address this?
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Its 2019 and they still have it not fixed ? **bleep** !

First they builded low Quality Bluetooth  hardware in it and now they cant't even play sound at synch ?

I bought these yesterday, paired these with my IPhone X  and even the Keyboard sound laggs !!!!!!

Even a wirless 20€ Earhphone has better input/output time then these !

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Bose SoundSport Free wireless Headphones Lagging issues

I would like to gather how many users have the lagging issues and result into returning the headphones. (Want Bose to realize how bad that product is)

I am a big fan of Bose products due to its extremely good sound quality.  Would never look into other products until I bought the SoundSport Free.  Very disappointed.  Lagging on Windows Laptop is unacceptable.  Even worse is the syncing issues between iPhone and Windows Laptop !!!

I had to return it and in search for another wireless headphones.  Probably going to get the AirPods !!  Still have the QC35 and loving it !!

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

I don’t know what’s going on with this headphones. Only in IOS is the lag, Android doesn’t have this problem. But it’s only in applications, when you see videos directly from safari, there’s no problem there, only in apps, (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, all kind of games). Please Bose, fix this problem, I love this Soundsport free but this problem it’s irritable.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

On PC is even worse ! You can only hear the right earphone. And the quality is horrible.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

I bought these when they came out - and here's my feeling:

1) Using on an iOS device I haven't seen much lag. Which is good. They sound good too. These are great for commuting etc.

2) The left bud regularly drop connectivity which is very annoying. 

3) Using them on desktop is a TERRIBLE experience compared to my other bose wireless headphones. The latency and lag is nearly a second. I do a lot of audio editing, and I only had these headphones with me and needed to do some work. OH MAN, YIKES!! Not going to do that again. 

Would love to see Bose address this because it's such a serious fail compared to their other hardware. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi canzone,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience so far with your SoundSport Free. I would like to assist so you can use your headphone to their fullest potential. I would recommend making sure that your headphones are updated to the latest software by going to btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions.

If that doesn't help, I would recommend contacting your local support team to see if they can assist. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

The newest Update has the same Problem and all Hardware Revisions.

It makes no sence to contact the Support, because they won't help you.

It only wastes you time to wait for a broken replacement.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

It's only with IPHONE. I have these pair for 6 months and using them with my GALAXY S8 and they are awsome!!! no lag, no delays, everything is perfect

with all apps including Youtube.