Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Congratulations jchacana with your Apple Airpods Pro. I will check them out today. BUT I respectfully disagree with you giving up!!! That is helping BOSE out...……..one less person to help on this issue. We SPENT good money on an inferior product.....the price was not inferior!! We deserve to have BOSE stand behind their product. When their products work, they work well BUT when they don't that is where the Tech support falters. It is a shame with todays technology that issues like this happen or they happen with no fix in site. I also am waiting on a fix on my BOSE SoundTouch 20. Every since that latest BOSE update I can no longer play my Amazon Music playlists with more than 340 songs. All worked GREAT before update...…….So I am waiting 6+ months on that fix.I even had a Techperson on my computer and I showed him it is no Amazon issue it is BOSE. The Tech agreed and saw the problem first hand. VERY disturbing how a great product like BOSE can lack on fixing their own mistakes. And on top of that the less you talk about the less they respond...………like they want you to accept their mistakes and move on. They don't even give you a curtesy email to let you know you are still on their minds and are trying to fix any issue you may have. I hope more people speak up on these BOSE ISSUES. I/we would not be talking like this if the issues were FIXED in a timely manner!!! I have better things to do than rehashing my BOSE ISSUES But I can't help it because it is part of my life when you play music every day to take your mind off your troubles and you cant even enjoy that!!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Good luck with that, I've been waiting for a fix from Bose from day one. It's been 2 yrs already and no fix in the horizon. When I've called tech support in the past regarding the issue, all they do is offer to replace them for another pair, which they promise is not going to have the left bud intermittent disconnect and lag issues, yet the issues are still there.  I do not even bother to use the Bose SoundSport Free anymore, it's money down the drain. Not that it matters but I have gotten better results from my Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro Wireless Earbuds, decent sound, zero lag, and zero left earbud disconnects.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Updating to 2.8 causes sound delay

After i update my sound sport free bose there is sound delay. I sent back these and got new one. New sound sport free bose works fine till i update it. It became delay as well as my old one. I noticed before with my old bose that the delay appears after i updated the pair. 

Highlighted

Re: Updating to 2.8 causes sound delay

Hi Sen29, 

We are sorry that you are experiencing a sound delay with your SoundSport Free headphones. 

Can you please elaborate on the delay you are experiencing? Is this a delay between each headphone?

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to help. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: Updating to 2.8 causes sound delay

The delay between the video and the audio thats coming out of my bose 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

I am in the same boat. I’ve had these for about two years. In fact I have two pair. I naïvely believed that Bose would update these firmware and get them to work. At least that’s what they kept saying on the website and as a loyal customer I was a believer. I’m pretty disappointed. Bose products are expensive. I own about 10 different products (if not more). This has really shaken my loyalty to this brand.

Recorded video works fine (i.e. in sync) but streamed video has never worked. The out of sync time has reduced (ie. gotten better) with successive firmware updates, but it’s still there. Other lower end brands that I’ve tried don’t generally have this issue although I do have a pair of older SONY wireless headphones that are also unable to sync with streamed video.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

I have my earbuds for several month.

Unfortunately, I'm disappointment.. 

1. After updating firmware 2.8.0, there is sound delay (in both ears).

I tried to connect to tablet (Samsung Galaxy tab S3), cellphone (Samsung Galaxy A8) & laptop (HP ProBook 450 G4) - all have the same lag problem.

2. Another problem is that sometimes the sound is in delay one earbud after the other.

It sounds like the earbuds are connecting and disconnecting several times one after the other.

I tried all the suggestions I saw in the forum - delete the device, update software, returning the earbuds back to to the case and use them again, use one earbud and afterwards take the other one out of the case and so on - It's not working.

I'm not sure if those two problems are connected.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free Lag Still no solution

I thought there might have been a solution by now but they still don't have AptX and without that they will always have a lag on video.  It's a complicated answer as to what AptX is so please just do a search.  Hopefully the next version of the Soundsport will have it.   You can update the firmware forever and it won't fix the problem.  I live with my Soundsports because they have great sound for music.  If you must watch a video don't look at the persons lips it will drive you crazy.  Leave me home long enough and I will research the strangest things.  As for Un-pairing then re-pairing your device none of those Voodoo tricks will fix the lag problem.   Not sure why none of the techs will admit this but that's life.  So Hey Bose where is the next edition of the Soundsports?  We need Apt X better controls and a lower profile.  In the meantime I'm listening to the The Joint on phone. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

SoundSport Free Lag

Hello,

I've just updated my Bose Soundsport Free to version 2.8.0 and noticed a significant lag when viewing videos on my laptop. This makes the headphones unusable and was wondering if there is anyway to downgrade these headphones?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Downgrading the firmware won’t help. This lag issue has been present since this product was first released. The only “fix” is hoping they used a better design for the Earbuds 500, if they ever come out.