Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

You can only see the manufacturing date thru the Bose App, it is not possible just by looking at the label on the outside of the box.

The importance of the manufacturing date is that apparently the newer units were built with updated or revised bluetooth chip that minimizes or eliminates the lag / connectivity issues.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

I am utterly shocked and how widespread this issue is and sadly I'm not able to return them as the retailer refuses all returns of headphoens that have been opend and used.  I've contacted Bose support but not holding my breath that I will be able to get a refund.

Maybe someone needs to get a class action in order here, sadly it would have to be one for every country because of the way those laws work.  It seems like Bose knows that they are selling us products that clearly do not work as advertised and there are _supposed_ to be laws to protect us from that sort of thing here in Canada.

I feel like I just got mugged by an international corporation 😞 . Bose has lost my business for life.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

@Hazdajuice wrote:

I think that every truely wireless earbuds are experience this so it's normal.

No.....that's absolutely incorrect....this is NOT normal.   Other wireless earbuds do not experience the same delay.  So this is not something that's normal.  BOSE simply rushed a product without proper testing and now are dragging their feet on a solution.   This has been about a year since reported and still no recall 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I just got these headphones as a gift and I have to say that I'm disappointed with the latency issue. I've updated to the latest version which appears to have solved the video lag, but it has yet to solve the game lag. I was hoping to play PUBG with these headphones but the latency in this game, and every other that I tested, makes the game unplayable. Hearing the selection about 2 seconds after pressing it is not feasible.

Apart from that, these headphones are great. They have great sound, they sync with videos just fine, and I love using them to workout with. If Bose could just solve this last little issue I'd be completely satisfied. Unfortunately, I feel like they might have a version 2 in the works for these headphones that'll solve all the issues with these current ones. After all, technology is advancing at an insane rate. Please fix the app latency!!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

I agree TruID.  I also bought these to use with PUBG and the game is un-playable with the SoundSport Free.  It's been over 6 months for me and still no response back from Bose on this issue.  The SoundSport Free sound fantastic for just music, however I am shocked as I've always seen Bose as a premium company on top of the technology world, not a Chinese rip-off sacrificing quality for quantity...  Disapointing really

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Wow, it's funny that you brought up China because I remember leaving the store and looking at the bottom of the packaging. There it was: Made in China.

And that's very unfortunate that you've experienced this issue for over 6 months now. That isn't a good look for our hopes... 😞
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Hello, so how is this problem solved? I have the same problem. I/We paid a premium price point to not have problems like these or at least solved by now(if there aren't any solutions as of yet). Please advise.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

Hey bose people,

Its high time that you fix the lag. Its quite irritating.Its been 6 months and you havent still corrected the issue. And you guys also have taken the liberty not to reply to these posts. This is something you need to fix right about now.

Your dissatisfied user

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi hotshot_NINJA,

Thanks for chiming in. I would encourage you to make sure your headphones are updated by either using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com. Also remember, that if you are not satisfied with your headphones you can always contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Kindest Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

No, its not normal. Have you ever try airpod(apple) yet? They release truly wireless before bose but they can made not delay when watch video.