Highlighted
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Cannot answer pubg as I do not play games. My main objective is to be able to switch between my iPhone and Laptop for watching videos. iPhone works fine but Laptop is horrible. The lag is very obvious and Bose has no answer to it yet. I bought a cheap Fitbit Flyer wireless headphones and it worked just fine !! Of course, it is not true wireless
Highlighted
advaitbanga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

I am sorry there is a bit of confusion here.

Do you own soundsport truly wireless or soundsport wireless?

Highlighted
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Truly Wireless. I used to owned it. I returned it because it is not worth the trouble of using it. Still researching for a good Truly Wireless headphones. The Fitbit Flyer is my temporary alternative until I find one. Currently waiting for the AirPods 2 to release.
Highlighted
advaitbanga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

I am thinking of buying Soundsport wireless.

Do the also have lag issues?

Not the truly wireless but the one with wire around the neck.

Highlighted
beartunes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

iphone or android?

Highlighted
Skwerl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

What I don’t understand is Bose’s response. I have the lag issue and since a firmware update I get occasional left drop out too. Bose told me that the Soundsport Free is designed for music only so video may see issues with sync. As for dropout they say that this is expected with a wireless device and considered normal. Whether you accept this reasoning is one thing but if this is the official standpoint why are Bose dealing with some customers by offering fixes and replacements? Surely Bose don’t recognise there is an issue with this product and should therefore advise all customers the way they did with me. Personally I’ll be returning mine. I have no room in my life for “music-only” headphones. Well, I do, but they live at home along with a decent playback device. For portable use I want ‘phones that cover all use-cases. (**Mod Edit: Community Guidelines**)

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Skwerl! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We understand that that A/V lag can be frustrating. The cause is likely rooted in a combination of things that all contribute to your experience. Compression algorithms used in the signal transmission are one such thing and these will vary as different techniques and methods are employed. Additionally, the TWS (True Wireless Stereo) technology is still fairly new and, while impressive, still has some growth opportunities that are being explored on the hardware side. For now, to mitigate some of the audio dropout we recommend that you place your mobile device on or near your right side when the headphones are in use. The Bluetooth signal is first processed by the right earbud which is then streamed to the left. If there is any interference with the Bluetooth signal, the left ear will drop out first. I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Hate to say that, I borrowed my in Law’s AirPod and the issues that I had with Bose is not happening in AirPods. Someone please explains that. I do not like the design of AirPods and therefore have not purchase it yet. But am planning to get the AirPod 2 when it comes out.
Highlighted
BK.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

it lag on everything 

if you play it on pc 

sure 100% lag super huge lag

(only newest android has no problem )

Highlighted
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

I wonder if this is due to the codec used? This could explain why there is lag with one device and not another.

I had a pair of AKG which had no lag at all using Apt-X or SBC, but when AAC was used, lag appeared. On an iPhone/iPad they always connected with AAC and the lag was present (mainly with the YouTube app). Using powerbeats 3 (which used AAC, maybe a low latency version) there is no lag.

A quick test, if you have an android, mac, pc, change the codec and see if there is lag then report the results.