Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

@Hector_B We are still left with the issue of lag though.

Are there any plans to either

- recall the product and replace with an improved version

- provide a solution to the issue

Surely with a company as reputable as Bose, it wont allow its legacy to tarnish because of this.

Highlighted

Hi RanchuGuy, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to me today. 

I would recommend taking a look at this article here as this is all the information that I have abou...

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

@Hector_B

I have already updated the firmware to 2.6.0 with no improvement.

This not only happens for my IOS and Android. The delay also happens when i use it when watching TV via a BT transmitter.

For comparison, for all these devices, there ZERO delay when using my Jabra Evolve 75 UC.

The article you shared selectively addressed issues on certain BT protocols. Thats not nearly good enough, sad to say.

There must be a tech team in Bose that can solve this.
Highlighted

Hi RanchuGuy, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out. 

If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you visit global.bose.com and contact us through your region. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

@Hector_B

Oh, do we leave this conversion as is, for now, then?

This a wide-spread issue. Hope a solution is found. Would prefer that than being managed open-ended.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

Hi there, as I mentioned I am facing the same issue with my Soundsport Free here in India, had reported this to BOSE India more than a month back and was promised for a refund. I haven’t received any refund for more than a month nor any resolution. I am now feeling cheated by a reputed brand like BOSE, how can a company sell such a product and not offer a resolution even after promising a refund. Requesting for some urgent attention and help on this @Hector_B
Highlighted

Hi Riteshmashock, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. I understand your frustrations with this situation, I am sorry but we are unable to help with refund queries on this platform, if you reach out to your local customer support team they will be able to chase this up for you.  You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Lag has not been fixed after firmware update. 

This is my experience: 

1. on iphone 7 plus
    - Youtube app: lag remains
    - Youtube site on Safari/Chome: no lag
    - Video on website (browsed by either Safari or Chrome): no lag 
  2. on Windows 10 (laptop Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen 6th) 

- There is a significant point on Windows 10: 

• When the it was first added into the pc, the left bud was not connected. But the right bud was working and its sound was synced properly.
  • the left bud connection issue was fixed by following this workaround: https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-Left-Earbud-Not-turning-on/td-p/1240...
  • when 2 buds got connected successfully, the lag is back. 
  • Then I just realized that, there's 2 sound setting for Bose SoundSport Free (SF): Stereo and Hands-free
    • if the setting Stereo is disabled (meanwhile Hands-free is still enabled), then the left bud will be disconnected, and the right bud will be playing properly without lag
    • follwing are the screenshot presenting those settings: 
      sound-setting1.pngsound-setting-2.pngsound-setting-3.png
    • There's an alternative way to have the SF playing with Hands-free or Stereo setting: 
      right-click on the taskbar sound icon, and select accordingly the playback device (aka sound setting mentioned above): 
      - if hands-free is selected, then left bud is disconnected, and right bud plays like a charm without any lag
      - otherwise, if Stereo is selected, then 2 buds are connected end offering unexpected lag. 
      sound-setting-4.png

- A remarkable note for my test is:

• I have the same experience for both before and after the firmware update 
  • on windows 10, for the first time connection, there's always only the right bud connected. I had to mess around to have 2 buds connected by following this instruction https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-Left-Earbud-Not-turning-on/td-p/1240...
    Once got 2 buds connected, then I turned it off. And then I turned it on and it's obviously automatically connected to my PC. However, this time, again, there's always only the right bud connected. I had to repeat the mess around yet again to get 2 buds connected. 

-----------------------

in conclusion:

• the latest firmware update is most likely to fix nothing related to sound lag as I've tested on 2 SF (mine and my friend's)
  • on windows 10, each time SF is connected to PC (my laptop is Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th generation), there's always only the Smiley Frustratedbud connected. To have fully 2 buds connected, I have to mess around this way: https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-Left-Earbud-Not-turning-on/td-p/1240...
  • when there's only one right bud is connected, meaning that SF is considered as a Hand-free sound setting. There's no lag (delay) with this setting 
  • when 2 buds are fully connected, to experiece the no-lag sound, you must sacrifice your left bud by chosing the hands-free setting. This is rediculous for an earbud cost mostly 250$. Smiley Frustrated

We strongly believe that the firmware update has done no fix the the sound lag. So, we are really looking forward to a permanent solution in a very near future. We still keep the faith!

Regards,

An Lam.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Upgraded to the latest firmware, still an issue. Moved over to my Galaxy buds and enjoyed Cobra Kai without a delay.

This is ridiculous Bose. Why does all the competition know how to fix this? My $40 ankers don't have this problem!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi,

Come on Bose, this is unacceptable. For a premium product, frankly its ridiculous.

Whats now worse, is this is still happening using iOs 12.2 on iPhone 7 plus, iPad Pro, and iPhone XS all on iOS 12.2, in the latest updated YouTube app. And to compound matters, it is now happening not only on the Soundsport Free's, but also my QuietComfort 30's, QC35ii's and also QC35's!!

This is an abhorrent situation to be in, and I am unable to rollback the Firmware updates applied to the other devices that USED to work fine!

I have bought Beats Studio 3's and airpods which, lack the SQ and Soundstage of Bose, but I can use them and they work! I will be moving away from Bose altogether and my house is filled with Bose home tech and portable tech.

Shameful.