Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Are you able to hear audio from the left earbud when your mic is turned on while playing PUBG? When I turn on the mic it switches to right earbud only. When I turn off the mic both earbuds work.
Highlighted

Hi RoseBush24, 

When the mic is active you will only be able to hear audio through the Right earbud. 

To clarify - the SSF's utilize the master/puppet design so the signal flow is as follows: your phone will transmit a BT signal to the right earbud (master) which will then transmit that data to the left earbud (puppet).  The audio while on a phone call is intended to only play through the right side so that is working normally.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

allenpsu@mac.com wrote:

First, the audio and video from apps and web content were in synch for VIMEO, Twitter, TV App, Amazon Prime, and NETFLIX.  The only offending source was YouTube (Both from the YouTube App and from the YouTube.com website using the web browser - Safari).

I also have a pair and experiance the same issue.

If every app was out of sync I would say the earphones have the issue. As everything is in sync with everything except the YouTube app, we can assume the app is the problem. I use an iPhone. Apple have various codecs that apps have to use, hence the other apps are in sync. YouTube most likely use a different method, which is why there is lag. The iPhone (iOS) is designed to adjust the audio to be in sync.

I suspect that's the problem. Start pestering YouTube/Google. Hopefully, they will do something (but I wouldn't hold my beath).

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

I just received my new Apple Beats Powerbeats Pro totally wireless. They are intended for people with iOS devices who live an active life, workout, hike, run, etc. Sweat and Water resistant and up to 9 hours of listening time without a single charge, I think it is insane.

I have been listening to music for the last 4.5 hours with them on, when a call comes thru I hear the calls in both earbuds. I can pick up any earbud from the case to make a call, left of right. It is important to note that there is zero lag when watching videos, it does not matter what I watch. The best of all is that there is ZERO disconnect of the Left earbud or the Right earbud. In terms of sound I am impressed with what I hear. The instrument isolation is nice, and it sounds clear.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I started the thread regarding the lag, which may be more helpful to Bose. Make/model of phone. Software version and apps that work/don't work.

https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/SoundSport-Free-Lag-Fix-info-wanted/m-p/207455#M1033...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Soundsport free audio delay

So I bought a pair of soundsport free wireless headphones today (and updated them to the latest version). Impeccable sound and comfort, as expeclted from BOSE. However, what I was NOT expecting from BOSE is the evident and annoying audio delay of at least 1 second that happens on whatever app I am using (I own and iPad Pro and and iPhone 6), which makes it impossible to watch videos on youtube. Even though the headphones are designed for sport, this does not mean that the basic functions should not work properly. Bear in mind that I say “APP”, because when I try to watch videos on the browser on the ipad or my mac the audio synch works just as intended, and I am really surprised that after 1 (?) year that this product came out the issue has not been fixed (if it can be fixed with an update, because selling products with a malfunctioning hardware would be just a scam, compared that other low budget headèhones do not present this problem). 

I will probably return them tomorrow and I rather invest 100$ more for Sennheiser momentum or Bang and Olufsen and not have this problem than keep these without having even the possibility to watch youtube. I am truly sad because, as mentioned, the sound is just crisp and clear and I was almost falling in love with them. Almost. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Soundsport free audio delay

True, there is another thread regarding the same issue. It is frustrating tbh, i hope they fix it asap.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

BOSE Earbud Audio Lag

I have the Bose SoundSport Free earbuds on version 2.6 and everything works perfectly except sounds take a second before playing. In games I can shoot people and have the sound come late and in YouTube I can see people talking and have the sound come in late.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: BOSE Earbud Audio Lag

So I finally called customer service. Took a transfer, but they are in fact honoring refunds due to these known issues. Will take ~4-6 weeks to get said refund, but ... hopefully by then they release a new version and that money can be re-used on said new model.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Re: BOSE Earbud Audio Lag

This is normal for bluetooth. Games will always lag, regardless of brand or bluetooth version. You would need a pair of headphones/earphones that supports Low Latency. Apt-X LL for example.

Using the YouTube app there is lag. With Safari there is no lag.