Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Ok, I'm officially pissed the f*** off now. 

Like many of you, I was having the lag problems with my SoundSport Free earbuds. I called Bose, told them the problem, they were great and agreed to send me a new pair. 

I received the replacement earbuds a few days ago and upgraded to the latest firmware - so they are up to date before someone suggests updating them. I tested them on Netflix and Youtube. At first, there was a lag, but then after refreshing and reconnecting a couple of times, they seemed to be working flawlessly.

Now, fast forward to tonight. I'm watching a show on HBO GO, my girlfriend is going to bed, so I pop in my SoundSport earbuds and what do you think happens? Yup, that's right, it's lagging. I try to reload and reconnect the earbuds a couple of times and the issue wasn't resolved. So, I take out my SoundLink II wireless headphones and boom - works perfectly. No lag, just that Bose perfection I expect.

This is definitely an issue with their product. All of my other wireless Bose headphones and earbuds work fine with my MacBook Pro without any issues. I expect to be fully refunded for this product, so if there are any mods out there, contact me. 

It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to this product, but this isn't the Bose product I expect for $250. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

I'm going through the same issue. First pair had noticeable lag on all apps I tried. Updates did nothing to fix it. Bose support (who have been great this far) told me to send them back and they would replace them with a 'newer batch'. The new batch supposedly would fix the issue.
Got the replacement today and they have identical lag.
Latest firmware installed 1.45
Bose app updated
Rebooted phone
Restarted all apps
Cleared cache and data on all video apps
Netflix, prime, youtube, Google play video, movies anywhere all still have lag.
I'm running a Pixel XL.
Any recommendations?? Really hoping to work this out. The headphones sound great and work well for the gym but the video issue is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

Nope, unfortunately. The replacement set they sent has the exact same issue. 

If I get free at work tomorrow, I'm going to try to give them a call. At this point, I want my money back. 

If other people go that route, you should post here so we can all see how works out. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

I would advise everyone here to return their sport frees. The video lag is only one issue. They also have poor connection with minor obstruction, certain apps trigger them to cut out in one ear, and they also cut out altogether and stop working randomly. One left bud stopped working for me randomly. And then both buds started to completely disconnect on their own. Best sound out there as far as bluetooth buds are concerned but in the functionality department... lemons for sure. Re-look when Bose has replaced the robot that pumped out 100 thousand defective units. 😉
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Same issues here that's a lot of money to be spending to watch videos like a 1970 Kung Fu flick! Ears hear "hi" mouth says supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Same issues here that's a lot of money to be spending to watch videos like a 1970 Kung Fu flick! Ears hear "hi" mouth says supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in and reiterate what @Shiloh_C was saying. We would encourage anyone not satisfied with their SoundSport Free to contact their local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see " Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

Hey Tony, 

Just to be clear, I should email about returning the headphones, or should I call? 

Thanks, 

Andrew 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

Just spent 37 minutes on the phone with Bose. About 15 minutes of that was on hold, the rest was speaking to a representative. The call ended with them asking me to call back tomorrow because they needed to escalate it to a supervisor because I asked for a refund. I would have been nice to know early on that my call was going to be punted to tomorrow. The CS Rep was friendly, so I can't hate on him, but I better not be told after all this that I can't get a refund for their product that doesn't work properly. Hopefully, they do what's right for the customer and issue refunds to people that ask for them. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I experience audio lag on Apple TV regardless the app.