Luis Macedo
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 5, 2018

SoundSport Free Left Bud Not Connecting

My left side bud simply stopped connecting ... If I press it's button it emits sound but do not sync to the right side one... I just bought this pair a few months back... Very disappointing... Anyone can help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free Left Bud Not Connecting

Author Accepted Answer selected by Luis Macedo

Hi there, Luis!

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!  Can I ask - if you place the earbuds back in the case does this help? 

Let's try clearing the pairing list.  To do that just press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists then reestablish the connection.

I hope that this helps!

Take care and have a beautiful day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Luis Macedo

Hi there, Luis!

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!  Can I ask - if you place the earbuds back in the case does this help? 

Let's try clearing the pairing list.  To do that just press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists then reestablish the connection.

I hope that this helps!

Take care and have a beautiful day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

sallabadi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2018

I am having the same problem. the left earbud keeps dropping the connection and sometimes it doesnt connect at all. I cleared the list multiple times and it is still happening. Are we supposed to clear the list every few minutes??? this is not acceptable as a solution so please stop responding with this poor answer. This needs to be fixed or you need to recall this product from the market and refund us the money. 

@sallabadi Hello, thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about your experience. The Bluetooth signal is sent from the source device to the right earbud, is then processed and streamed to the left earbud. An audio drop can occur when there is interference between the headphones and the source device. There are a few more troubleshooting steps we can suggest to help you enjoy your headphones more.

If you notice the left earbud turning off, you can also try pressing the Bluetooth button to wake it. If this does not help, the left earbud battery may be fully drained. To check this:

1. Place the left earbud into the charging case for one minute, allowing it to charge (make sure the charging case also has a charge). 

2. After it has charged for a minute or more, remove the left earbud and see if it reconnects.

3. If it reconnects, open the Bose Connect app on your mobile device to check the battery percentage. If the battery percentage is low (close to zero), we have verified that the left earbud's battery is depleted and needs charging. 

If the issue persists, I encourage you to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Let us know how everything goes. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

Visun
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

I am facing the same issue but the thing is that the left one and the right one stoped communicating. So even pressing the BT button does not do a thing. Please help me!

Hello Visun! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience, but would be happy to assist. As always, let's ensure that your headphones are using the latest firmware version (2.5.6) and are fully charged. Once that is complete, the left earbud should connect to the right. In the future, should that occur, clearing the paired Bluetooth devices list and/or putting the earbuds back in the case for a minute should resolve most connection issues.

Let us know how you fare! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Ukitakeee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Finally i've got a solution for my earbuds.. i semply opened the settings > general > accessibility > scroll down to hearing and then make sure the mono is off and adjust the audio parlance to be in the meddle not left or right .. and voala !! Hope this could work with u all guys 😉
Pierregov
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

I also have the left one not connecting to the right one. So pressing the Bluetooth switch doesn’t help, actually doesn’t do anything as the buds don’t speak to each other.
The right one, one cleared of my phone devices list, blinks blue and says ready to pair.
The left one keeps blinking white.
Both sides are charged.
The left one also appears on the phone’s list of Other Devices as “Reserved”. The phone can be paired to the left and play music.
However for now I have to chose to listen to music either on the left or on the right. I thought BOSE made Stereo equipments...

Hi Pierregov,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that you are having this issue with your headphones. I would recommend like @Greg_B mentioned that you make sure your headphones are fully updated. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

avon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

exactly the same problem here. I gifted my one from one who came for a visit. Just one day used and updated. Seems everybody has the same issue. Even after pressing the bt button for 10sec no responding. Atleast send a good big fixed update.