Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Re: [Soundsports Free] Left earbud not working

1 thing I missed. I have already updated firmware to the 2.8.0 version, and nothing happend.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Wow! Every time I read yet another Bose customer having the same problem over and over again, I cringe. I am on pair number SEVEN. I haven’t had problems with the latest, newest version, as of yet. The problems I’ve had just like everyone else had  is with the way one bud connects to the other bud independently and how the left bud will stop working when they lose communication with each other. It’s almost like having two separate buds where the left is the “Motherboard”. Once the left is gone, good luck pairing both again. I returned a previous pair to Best Buy and they recommended Jabra’s and they worked great but didn’t fit my ears as well as Bose. So I exchanged them for another pair of Bose but the newest version. I am convinced some of these headphones are simply defective as this thread will show. Get an extended 1yr or 2yr warranty with the store. I have used it repeatedly.

Highlighted

Hello llencioni, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am truly sorry that you are having this issue. By the sounds of it, you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps available. The best route forward with this would be to speak with your local support team and explore your out of warranty service options. 

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Soundsport Free Left ear bud drops connection

I am a dedicated Bose customer, with several Bose products from home audio, noise canceling headphones, and recently Bose Soundsport Free for myself and my wife. We were very pleased with the sound quality and freedom from wires while working out. Unfortunately, the connectivity between right and left buds is very poor. For the cost and quality of other Bose products, we expected much better performance.
After reviewing FAQ's with technical support, the only resolution received was to unpair and re-connect the buds. This was not effective for neither pair of ear buds using two different phone models, Motorola and Samsung.
I would appreciate a resolution to this issue as we have over $400 invested in your product that is more annoying than useful.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Sound Sport

Hi,

I am facing issue with bluetooth connectivity, Sometimes left earphone disconnect and fewer times sound distorted as well.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Sound Sport left ear bud not working..

- Need help Left side of my earbud no pairing at all.

- just white led blink nothing else.

- Now, what to do?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Re: Sound Sport left ear bud not working..

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Re: Sound Sport left ear bud not working..

I’ve had this problem so many times for years and have gone now through 7+ pairs of Bose Soundsport true wireless (please see previous post). 
Here is what I’ve learned:

Many times my problems start at charging. If the bud is not perfectly placed inside the case or it is not charging perfectly, this will unleash a whole bunch of other problems.

Make sure the buds and the area where they connect are totally clean, dry, free of any interference. I sweat a lot and I’ve learned to even sanitize them with a swab and a drop of alcohol. No dripping though. You don’t want anything to seep in the buds or in the case. 
I live in the tropics and sometimes the metal parts of the charging bud and case get a bit corroded. Even at just a few months of buying them. Terrible!

Also, make sure the buds are charging with the original cable. Just like some pocket WiFi's and Kindles; if you use a “similar” cable to plug and charge, it seems the charging is not the same. It seems some cables/plugs do not provide the same wattage power. Make sure the lights inside are not flashing while they charge. I leave the case open and look at signs that both buds are connected and charging (not flashing). If you look at the case OUTSIDE, it will blink to let you know it’s charging. No flashing INSIDE though.

Look on your Bluetooth that the Left bud hasn’t unpaired from the right. They are two separate entities. And I think this is what causes the left bud to disengage and have a life of its own (a big design problem, in my opinion). Mine showed on Settings, under Bluetooth as “LE headset” for my right bud and “MARI’s buds” for the right, which was the name I gave my set of buds. So from one set, the left bud got “divorced” from the right and became two separate things. 
How did I fix this? I troubleshoot the charging case, the buds, the connection as mentioned above. 
Left them charging a whole day. Then erased and forgot the whole headset from my phone. Pressed the pairing button on the headset and waited for the LE headphone to not appear. Prompting it to pair to its fellow bud instead of my phone independently.

Mind you, it took me many hours and several tries to achieve the right pairing. My last buds were latest model (with the HRM feature) so I didn’t do any firmware update. I did troubleshoot with the app though. It helps to actually see the unit and pair them with the app instead of just with the phone itself. GOOD LUCK!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Wireless headphones can not connect

My left headphone is blinking blue but does not connect even though the right one is connected

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Bose left soundsport left earbud not working

Hi i just bought bose soundsport yesterday and i have been trying to pair it with my mobile samsung s10 plus but the left side earbud is not working...

I have tried everything you guys have been suggesting like keeping it in cas and charging it etc

Need your response on above issue