SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Highlighted
Silent Starter

SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Hi,

I bought BOSE SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones 2 months ago.

They had been working pretty well until yesterday.

I tried to use the headphones yesterday and took them out from the charger. The right one won't turn on. The left one has white blinking light.

As matter of fact, I have followed the instruction of the trouble shooting. (Removing from the bluetooth list and tried to add back in)

However, now I can't even connect to any of my devices. (iPhone and/or Windows PC)

When I place them in the charger, I see white solid light. (This means they are fully charged)

On my BOSE app, I see them when they are in the charger. But I don't see them if I take them out of the charger.

When I used the Find My Buds, I see them and can play the sound if they are in the charger. But I can't see them or play the sound if they are out of the charger

How do I fix this??

Worse comes to worse, I am from an small island in the pacific. There is no store for the BOSE here.

6 REPLIES

Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Hello yoheifromsaipan! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear this is happening, but would be glad to assist. Great job with some initial troubleshooting. There are a couple of other things we can try to get communication re-established. First, let's make sure that you have the most current firmware. The best way to accomplish this is by connecting your headphone case (with earbuds inside) to your PC using the USB charging cable. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. Note: Make sure the case is open while you are updating your headphones.

Once that is complete let's clear the paired Bluetooth devices list with the following steps to initiate a new connection:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Let us know how it goes!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

I have followed the instruction and updated my earphones

However, the situation doesn't change at all...

The right one doesn't have a light on / the left one has white light blinking

On the charger, it still shows that both of the earphones are fully charged.

Even after the update, I pressed the bluetooth button for 10 seconds to clear the list. But no sound coming from both sides.

What can I do next??

@yoheifromsaipan Hi, sorry to hear that did not help. It seems to be an issue with the headphones however. We will send you a DM to see if we can be of any assistance. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

Silent Starter

Am having the same problem

Hi NAILUJ,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. I would make sure that:

• Your headphones are updated to the latest software by going to btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions.
  • Clearing and repairing your headphones by following the instructions offered earlier in this thread.

If you are still having issues I would reach out to your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Bose Support

Silent Starter

Hello, I’ve got a same problem how did you solve that?