Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Hi Juan Juarez,

Thanks for posting. Here is a link to your local support in Costa Rica.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Joshm21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

This is horrible....I bought these things on a business trip from one of those Best Buy machines and been playing with for an hour trying to figure out what the heck the "bluetooth button" is, holding on down (which hurts by the way....literally indentions in my fingers).  The left one blinking white, the right one doing nothing, and not prompt about "pairing" or any other audio from the earbuds.  What a waste of money.  Can I return to Best Buy?  I threw aware packaging in airport but have all parts...  😞

Joshm21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Try to see through bad spelling....this is horrible for that much money.  Software update site stuck on connecting as well, charger is active and hooked into my computer via USB.   Horrible product, from Bose of all companies....did not expect that, which is why I paid so much.  

Highlighted

Hello Joshm21! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, but would be glad to assist. It's frustrating when things don't operate as expected. There are a few things that could be happening. First, let's make sure that your right earbud is charged. When placing your earbuds in the charger, make sure to seat them so the contacts are aligned and the LED lights up. Depending on your connection, you may need to attempt the update a few times before you are successful. Please also visit the SoundSport Free support page for more information to help you get connected.

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Joshm21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Thank you Greg.  The software is up-to-date though, and the earphones show fully charged.  Same issue with no audio from phones from removing (to my understanding should say "Pairing").  The left one is blinking, the right one is not, and I cannot figure out to reboot or put right earbud into pairing mode.

Uploading photos.

Is there a way to manually put the right earbud into pairing mode, or reboot it somehow?

Also, I should be back from business trip soon.  I purchased from airport Best Buy machine.  Do you  know if I can return to Best Buy perhaps?  I do not have packaging unfortunatly as I threw away in airport.

Thank you.  IMG_2081.jpgIMG_2083.jpgIMG_2085.jpg

Joshm21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

I would call but in odd time zone on business travel and not sure would help just to sit on the phone and trial & error with a tech....  If anyone at Bose has seen this before, or they're just defective set, please let me know.  

Thank you again.

Hello Joshm21,

If the SoundSports are showing as being fully charged and have the latest firmware installed it could be worth trying to reboot the headset.

To reboot your headset:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

We can also make sure they are in pairing mode after this, by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the left earbud until we see the Bluetooth light flash blue. This does have to be done with the earphones out of the case.

I hope this helps!

Keith - Community Support - 

Joshm21
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Thank you. Unfortunately tried 4 times but to no avail. The right ear bud light is still not blinking, no audio saying they are in pairing mode. What is odd is the Bose Connect app is showing them detected when in case, but on the step of removal, it suddenly cannot see them to pair. The only reasoning I have is that possibly the right one cannot hold a charge at all.

I am hoping to find time to return to a BestBuy in next couple weeks if they’ll accept them (bought at airport BestBuy machine and do not have packaging), but can I exchange to Bose possibly for working set?

Thank you again.

Hi Joshm21,

Thank you for trying the above troubleshooting steps. If you are unable to find time to telephone then it is possible to reach us by email. A contact form can be found by selecting your country from this list, scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking "Contact Us". On the right-hand side of the following page, select "Email Us".

All the best,

Patrick A - Community Support

melissamarden
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

I've done everything recommended by the forums to include updating the firmware. My right ear bud is not working. Both appear to be charging in the case but when I remove them, they don't make a noise like they usually do and the left one blinks a white light. I noticed other people are having this exact same issue, but there's no solution posted from what I've found. I didn't do anything to my ear buds that would've caused this.