Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

I'm on my second pair of Soundsport headphones in less that 6 months. The first pair lasted <4 weeks before the left ear bud stopped working. I was able to return to the store and they replaced with new pair. The second worked great until a week ago. I can't get them to turn on. I've used different power outlets and chargers, still no luck. I called Bose directly and they asked me to try to download the update for the headphones however that doesn't work... can't download anything without first getting them to turn on. Based on threads and reviews online this seems to be a common issue... which is pretty disappointing for a Bose product. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Schl0463, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

I understand that the team asked you to attempt to update the headphones via the app but have you attempted to do this via the Bose Updater? 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Schl0463, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

I understand that the team asked you to attempt to update the headphones via the app but have you attempted to do this via the Bose Updater? 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Yes, I have. Still no result as they wont turn on. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. But they still don't work and wont turn on... very disappointing especially given these are my second pair of these and had issues with both - within months of getting them. I'd like to return these or get replacement. 

Hello schl0463,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I am so sorry you are still having this issue, I can understand you wanting a replacement set. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

I also bought soundsport free wireless headphones.Suddenly right one was not getting ON.I tried to update firmware.But it displays"Hmm.One of the earbud is not in the case".Approached BOSE showroom,They said thay couldn't help as the right ear bud is not recognised in their software.

Kindly help me out .

Hi BALA GOPAL, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear this and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please attempt to reset the headphones via: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Please update us on the result of these steps! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

My right earbud on my Bose Soundsport free wireless stopped working. when pulled out of container it does not connect. When I tried searching for a connection on my bluetooth list it does not come up as available. 

I even went into find my earbud setting and my phone said one bud (left) was with me and the other (right) was still at home. 

was there an update that caused this issue to occur, or should i take my earbuds in to get looked at. 

Phttps://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-free-wireless.html#v=soundsport_free_wir...

Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Hi, 

My earphones have stopped working and are still in warranty, I'd like to know the steps to repairing these, if possible at the moment. 

I am in the UK, the right ear has stopped working completely. It seems to connect to the charger however the bluetooth light doesn't come on when detached and trying to turn on. I have kept on charge for a couple of days with no change to this. 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Hello,  I am having the following issues with my Bose Soundsport free wireless headphones which are about 1 year old :

- they are no longer appearing in the bluetooth list on my devises and I connect connect

- there is no introductory voice (E.g. % charge, connection status) when I open the case and put them in my ear

- the right hand bud does not appear to charge when in the case - i.e. no light.  There is also no light on the bud itself

I have tried :

- to update software, which doesn't seem to work

- to let the battery drain and charge again

- I have forgotten the earphones in my phone's wireless and tired to reconnect

- I have tried to push the bluetooth button on the bud for 10 seconds, there is a flashing white light on the left bud and nothing happens

This is my first ever Bose purchase.  I don't mind paying a premium for products if a good service is included - I look forward to hearing from you on what may help, next steps, etc.  Thank you.

Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Unfortunately this still didn't work for me.  I will try the local customer service center.