Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Hello JeffR4262,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand your frustration in this situation. We can still assist you further with this issue even if you are out of warranty, as we have out of warranty options for customers experiencing issues with their headphones.

You can contact the customer care team in your area HERE.

I am sorry that we have not been able to resolve this over the Community on this occasion, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

I have the same problem.  Local support responds that online support is not available for this issue.  Is there a fix?

Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Omg same issue for me at the WORST time today!! In my flight I had downloaded all my shows to watch and it wouldn’t connect nor would the right side earbud work or be found when searching for earbuds. Yet it played the sound to find it. Smh. It’s recall time, Bose! I will be getting my hard earned money back. The distress alone of having to endure a flight with nothing to do is horrid. I know, first world problems. But I need my money back. 

Hello cjacobs2011 & gotrealfashion,

Thanks for posting! 

I am sorry that you are both experiencing this issue with the right earbud of your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

If you have performed all of the troubleshooting steps in this thread, please reach out to your local customer service team via the phone to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Sounfsport-free , The left side cannot be connected with each other.

Hi support,

I bought the device *Edited by moderator* About 11 months.
The left side cannot be connected with each other, I bring my earbud to a local supporter name The Asavasopon Company Limited. They cannot fix my issue but they offer me to buy a new one with them and give me a 10% discount for a new Soundsport-free. I think it not fair to me because many users mention this issue I think it is a product defect. I need carefully take care of this situation.

regards,
keerati Benz
*Edited by moderator*

Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Sound sport free

One ear bud is not turning on, it's the main (right) one, it'll charge but it womt turn on. Only the left but it's useless because bluetooth wont find it. 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Re: Sound sport free

Has anyone gotten resolution on this topic?  I just got the runaround with customer service for an hour.  It seems we all have the same problem, but the moderators and support dodge any fix.  

I have been with Bose for decades, but being dismissed w/o any help will be the final straw for me.  There are too many competitors for bad customer service.  Is the product defective?  Can it be repaired?  

Bose, you made a bad product.  Own it and give us a reason to stay Bose Customers.  

DC

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I'm sorry you're having difficulty finding resolution to this issue. I was having a lot of issue as well. I did all the things suggested here without success. I was give this message and link below. I was told to contact the customer care, but again I got caught in a loop and getting no where. I was ready to give up but decided to give it one more chance. After choosing the country it took me to another page where I could choose to chat with a rep. (Make sure you have our serial number before beginning the chat.) Long story short, I did get resolution to my issue. My headphones are out of warranty, however, Bose showed integrity backing their product with highly professional and caring customer service. They replaced my Sound sport Free Headphones at no cost to me. I can not guarantee the same results for anyone else the same results, but don't give up. Follow the link below and choose chat. You will get a computer IA response at first but you can ask for a real person. Let me know if I can help in any way. 

Jeff R

*Below message from email received from this group.*

I am sorry that you are both experiencing this issue with the right earbud of your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

If you have performed all of the troubleshooting steps in this thread, please reach out to your local customer service team via the phone to explore your service options.

Global Contact UsGlobal Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I agree, there is obviously a huge problem with their product, judging from the tons of post here with the similar issue of their right earbud not charging and then not connecting at all eventually. Obviously we have tried all the "fixes" that they posted here too, if not we won't even bother to post anything here at all.

For the price that we paid for this piece of.... we expect a better and more satisfying response from them.

And i honestly believe that even if they replaced us with a new one, the same issue will still surface again VERY SOON!

Bose, please acknowledge that your product is faulty and recall it all back and refund us. This is totally unacceptable to us as customers

Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Ivan from Hong Kong, my soundsport free encounter the same problem that I just purchased for 12months. I found the issue terrible and it won’t get any valuable information from Bose. I was working in a vendor of Bose and knew that Bose’s products are well tested in extreme conditions, however, this purchase really make a huge disappointment on Bose’s wireless product. I contacted the local Bose support and the answer from them is “We won’t repair the product and we can offer a 20% off from your new purchase”. 

My disappointment comes from 

1. Poor product knowledge and troubleshooting from support team;

2. Poor product testing and verification during product development;

3. Poor product design that client even does not aware whether the earbuds are on or off; 

4. Poor user manual presentation, there’s no backup plan for a user to restore the earbuds.

I don’t find any useful information from the community and from local support team, here’s an official complaint to the product and will share it with my friends to aware the poor BOSE!