Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Right one won't turn on

Hi Ivan, My name is Jeff and I was having the same issue as you are having. My Soundsport Free worked flawlessly for over a year. Then one day the right earbud stopped working. I followed all the steps for resolving the issue with the right earbud that was given here. I updated the firmware, reset the the earbuds and attempted to pair with my phone. I did these steps several times without success and was told to contact Bose for help but I couldn't seem to get anyone to help. I made one last attempt to contact someone however, this time I chose the Chat Option on the Bose website. At first I was chatting with the computer system. That was very fustrating as the computer wasn't understanding me, but it gave me the option to chat with a live person. That person was extremely kind and understanding. They told me that same thing you were told. They couldn't repair them. Then she said Bose does stand behind their products, and even though my earbuds were out of warranty, Bose will replace them at no charge to me. The were delivered today. Don't give up yet. I will find the link for you and post another reply tonight. 

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Hello again. Below is the post I received here. I had to alter the link address as the community won't allow a link from from the general membership. I hope this will work. Again, chose Chat and remember you will be chatting with a computer at first but give it time it should contact you with a live person to chat with. You will also want to write down the serial number (that is the SN #). You will need that before you begin the chat. Good luck. 

"If you have performed all of the troubleshooting steps in this thread, please reach out to your local customer service team via the phone to explore your service options."

Go to Global(dot)Bose(dot)com> Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us' > The select the chat option.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Hy

i m facing same issue as left bud is showing white blinks and right is like dead but case light for right bud is solid

i have ur distributor in pakistan who r help less as they saying we cant repair it here in pakistan so kindly advice me any suitbale way to repair or replace this right bud as i just bought new charger case as last one was dead so guide me accrodingly

[Edited by Moderator]

Hi Sufyananis, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundSport Free earphones. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

In regards to your issue, I would recommend trying the troubleshooting in this thread to see if any of the suggestions resolve your issues. Through this platform, we can only supply troubleshooting steps and do not have any ability to process a service. Therefore, you would need to contact your local technical support team for assistance. I have included the LINK HERE for your reference. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. if you have any additional questions, I'll do what I can for you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Hi Sufyananis,

Sorry you are have troubles. I had the very same issue, exactly the same as you have with the Soundsport Free. Left side appears to work, but Right side has nothing. My case/charging unit was working fine, that is the lights worked fine. I did all the things that have been suggested here, update the firmware and reset without success. I was not getting any resolution and was told to contact Bose at global (dot) bose (dot) com. (I use the bracket because this site would not allow the link). Make sure you have the serial number of your Soundsport Free ready as they will ask for it. Go to the website, choose your country, scroll to the bottom and click "Contact Us". You want to select "Chat". I tried the other ways but Chat was where I got help. You will at first be chatting with a computer AI, but be patient and wait for the first opportunity to chat with a live person. Now I was told the same thing you were told. They cannot repair these earbuds, however, the rep I was chatting with said that Bose does stand behind their work and products. The replaced my Soundsport Free and no charge even though my Soundsport Free was out of warranty. They mailed me a return label to mail the broken one back. With a week or so I received a brand new Soundsport Free that is working perfectly. I can't guarantee the same results. I personally was out of options and had noting to loose by trying and it paid off. Give it go. The worst they can say is no. I hope you will be successful as I was. 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Bose,

my replacement set has broken down again! And with the same issue, the left side blinking white and not connecting. Please assist to get it refunded from our local retailer! This is ridiculous!

Hello kelvin.wolfbane,

Thanks for posting! 

I'm sorry to hear that your replacement SoundSport Free wireless headphones have broken.

We're not able to facilitate refunds or exchanges through the Bose Community. Please reach out to your point-of-purchase regarding this matter.

Have you had the chance to go through any of the troubleshooting steps on this thread?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Yes, of course I did. I tried restart Bluetooth, forget device, updating firmware and all but none work.

Hey kelvin.wolfbane, 

Thank you for posting and reaching back out to us. Sorry to hear that the steps in this thread did not resolve this issue for you. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help and explain all of the service options that are available to you. 

Sorry that this isn't something we can personally assist you with via the community, if you have any issues reaching the team in your region please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B  

Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Mine are giving me the same exact issue and I've followed the same instructions and no luck