Highlighted
Macboy70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Re: Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

Mine is up-to-date also. Sorry to hear you still have a problem. Seems you're not alone. Maybe Bose can help!

Highlighted
db626
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

I recently purchased 3 sets of the Soundsport Free from Best buy approx 2 months ago, and also am experiencing the same problem.  I contacted Tech Support and was informed that the draining of the battery is "normal", "similar to how a phone's battery level will also drain in a few days.  However, a phone does hundreds fo computations for each app.  These are earbuds, premium earbuds!  At over $200 per set I'm dissapointed, and suggest a firmware update to fix this problem.  

I spoke with a buddy who uses iPods, and was told the battery level remains near full charge when not in use for weeks.  This leads me to believe the issue with the Bose pods are unacceptable.  

Highlighted
Macboy70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

db626 - Not that Bose needs a defender but I feel that you should at least know a few facts as I understand them.

The Apple AirPords use a custom Apple chip that allows them to do things out of the norm. It appears that they actually turn the pods OFF after reaching full charge in the battery case. Bose does not and I doubt a firmware update would or could change anything.

Also, I have many battery powered items (some more expensive than my SoundSport Free ear buds) that require recharging every 1-2 weeks to maintain full charge. Over the years I have become accustom to this. Yes, your phone does a lot when you use it but not so much when not in use - but in either case I doubt its battery would last as long as the SoundSport when in the charge case. The SoundSport Free charge case is constantly looking at the buds charge state and rechaging them as needed.

My 2₵

Highlighted
db626
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Intent of my post is to voice displeasure of this issue.  As earbuds they sound and work great, it just bothers me when the battery indicator on the case falls below 50% every 5 days or so even without any use.  Sure its not that big of a deal because it sounds and works great when it counts, but given this price point I'm somewhat dissapointed.

Highlighted
HelloGator
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

I installed firmware version 2.5.6 from Jul 12, 2018 but I still have the problem with battery drain while in the case.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi HelloGator,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, Some battery loss while stored in the case is normal behavior. It is because the battery in the Soundsport free headphones won't retain a 100 percent battery charge even when turned off.  As the battery requires a charge, it will pull a charge from the case. 

If you feel like your case is draining abnormally we would recommend reaching out to your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
agitpropre
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

The more critical issue for me, as raised above in this thread, is a brand new set of soundsport free that come out of the case annoucning "battery 100%" and then, apparently, are out of power within 20 minutes.  For me, runnning, this is completely useless.  This is the second set to exhibit this behavior.

Your assistance, please.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi agitpropre,

Thanks for writing in!  

This certainly is usual behavior and very odd it has happened with a second set.  I would recommend using the link that Tony_G provided for support.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

New to these buds and just discovered this issue. How absolutely awful.

This combined with the mono phone calls and micro usb charging has me questioning a return. Seems like these are so close to being great but not quite there.
adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

So that's fun. Paired my buds to my laptop while flying to catch up on some training
Only the right bud works for media from Windows? Seriously?