Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

SoundSport Free Won't Stay Charged Inside Case

I'm just wondering if this is common to all Bose SoundSport Free earbuds.  If I keep them inside the case it will drain the batter until both the earbuds and the case are fully drained in a matter of 4-5 days.  Anyone else having this problem and find a solution other than sending them back?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Won't Stay Charged Inside Case

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

I have the same issue with mine. Ive tried  different pairs and they all have the same issue. I also tried the AirPods and the Bose soundsport wirlesss and they had the same issue. I guess its just the way batteries behave just like on your cell phone or laptop, etc. If you don’t use it and leave it unplugged eventually the battery will drain to empty. My Bose soundsport free’s drain at about one battery dot (20%) every 2-3 days. 

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

I have the same issue with mine. Ive tried  different pairs and they all have the same issue. I also tried the AirPods and the Bose soundsport wirlesss and they had the same issue. I guess its just the way batteries behave just like on your cell phone or laptop, etc. If you don’t use it and leave it unplugged eventually the battery will drain to empty. My Bose soundsport free’s drain at about one battery dot (20%) every 2-3 days. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, it looks like this is somthing I'll just have to live with.  I upgraded from the SoundSport wireless and they never had this issue.  I could leave them connected to the charging case and they would never drain it after they were charged. Maybe the difference is that they had the ability to completely power down, these don't appear to.  Aa bad design flaw...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

Hi, I purchased the pretty blue Bose Soundsport wireless earbuds. I noticed that if I put the case in my bag with the earbuds for like a week, I get no battery for the case + the buds. Seems like it just charges the buds forever. Is there some sort of an off switch?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

Hi Tomer,

Thanks for the great question. The battery in the Soundsport free headphones won't retain a 100 percent battery charge even when turned off.  As the battery requires a charge, it will pull a charge from the case. So, if your case is not plugged in for a week, the headphones will eventually drain the power from the charging case. 

The plus side is your headphones will retain a full charge, the downside is if you don't charge your headphones on a regular basis it will drain them eventually.

Take care!

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Hi I have this same problem with the battery draining when the earphones are left in the charging case without usage. It’s pretty disappointing that the product operates in this way. I have a pair of zolo wireless Bluetooth headphones that do not drain battery when not used and left in its charging case. Bose should look at a firmware update to ensure the BLE is turned OFF when the buds are in the case and supposed to be completely switched off.  You will have plenty of unsatisfied and disappointed customers otherwise.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

I have the same problem, and am disappointed with the battery life. The buds should turn off in the case.

When cycling today, the buds said 100% at the start, but only lasted 45 minutes. I suspect that is because the case was flat.

Please make turning BT off an option via the app.

Nivo

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

This also happens to me. Very disappointed for Bose product and the response.

@Nivo wrote:

I have the same problem, and am disappointed with the battery life. The buds should turn off in the case.

When cycling today, the buds said 100% at the start, but only lasted 45 minutes. I suspect that is because the case was flat.

Nivo

@Nivo wrote:

Nivo

This issue also happens to me. Very very disapoointed on the battery life. I hope Bose should take a respponsibility to call back this module.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed, we totally understand. Disabling "Find My Buds" will shut off BLE and will extend life in the case. Keep in mind this is a feature if you're worried about losing an earbud or both. Additionally, we will share this feedback with our engineering teams. 

Thank you!

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

The option I would like to see is "Find My Buds" active when the buds are out of the case, but disable when inside. as the buds turn on when removed from the case, this shouldnt be too hard??

Thanks,

Nivo