2001vstar
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

If I would have known there was no power button or no automatic power off after so many minutes of non use, i would have never spent the $180. Bad design for the great and mighty Bose. Even $30 amazon wireless ear buds have this option. 

vikasmehta27
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free Won't Stay Charged Inside Case

Is this because there is Tile activated on my soundsport wireless which is eating up the battery even when they are off?

itsmyguitar
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2020

My headphones do not retain a full charge. After the case is fully discharged, the headphones will follow suit. After a couple of weeks they are completely dead. So if I don't charge the case every week, they will not be available. I have other headphones that will retain a charge for a couple of months. Poor design. 

I have implemented disabling the Find My Buds to see if that improves the performance or extends the battery life/availability. 

User-09c4c
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Hopeless, after having a Bose soundsport for years, sound is impressive. Purchased Soundsport Free a couple of months ago. Sound brilliant as usual. Hopeless battery nonsense. A month in the box, unused and they're flat. Lots of 'software' stuff going on but no switch off button. Think they can go back. Overly clever rubbish, just put an on / off button !

billy bignutz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Useless product with no on off button. Every time I go to use them they are flat and it now appears they are designed that way. Shame bose as I used to be a very loyal user and promoter of your products for the last 30 odd years - no longer.

Takshak
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I want to return this ridiculous product. How is it even possible, that this complaint has been aroudn for 2-3 years, and this constant charging problem has not been solved for. I am also worried about the life of the earbuds, if you keep charging from 80-90--> 100% all the time. 

Simply awful. Is Bose even listening. I would not have purchased Bose, if I knew about this design flaw. 

nadya
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

I've been a loyal customer to Bose and the Soundsport free battery life really disappoints me, sometimes when I really need it for the ZOOM Call or anything, it runs out of battery. So I have to go find my old days earphone.. I mean, this is 2020, why should I always have to maintain a regular charge. Idk about the new noise cancelling products tho. But I'm a bit hesitate ever since. What do you guys think about the new product?

Rupesh
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

I bought Soundsport free in January 2020 and I only use for jogging otherwise I don’t use those wireless earphones and now really struggling to charge those earphones in the case .

I can’t really effort to buy new set and I went to near by store where I purchased today but due to lockdown or Christmas holidays , electronics store is closed and I really do not know how those earphones would get charged . It is soo painful to buy a new set in this critical times with no money.

Bose team should not trouble people by selling such a product without testing throughly and trouble customers after purchase 😩😩😩

xX_Mastadon_Xx
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

This is a flaw. I compared my Soundsport Free to a Apple Airpods (2nd gen). Starting both fully charged and cases fully charged, I left them unused for 6 days. My Soundsports (earbuds and case) were completely dead and the Airpods were almost fully charged. This is a competitive disadvantage. If you can't fix this in software/firmware, this is a hardware design flaw. Looks like I'm going to Apple and I hate it.