Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Re: Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

OK. I give up. How do I "Turn Off" Find My Buds? Just by not having Location Service  Always On deactivated?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MacBoy

Thanks for the great question. You can "Disable" the " Find My Buds" Feature by using the Bose Connect App. 

Have a great day!

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2018

Are we going to see an update for this? Not many people need to know the earbud location while they're in the case, usually only once they are being used. It's annoying having them drain so often and not getting anywhere near the advertised battery life time.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

One can only hope . I've turn off Find My Buds and hope that my battery lasts longer.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2018

I was wondering why my new headphones seems loosing battery when I don't use them .... And found this forum !

So, I add my dissapointment to all others, I really like Bose product, it's not my first one and they are awesome, I love them, but guys, please .... Heaphones that use battery without using them ??? Sériously, it is like going back decades before when batteries where at the beginning of their conceptions !

We are in 2018, you need to add a full OFF feature on those heaphones, to provide a very long battery use before charging them again ! Let us choose in the app if we want them to be always on for the finding options or not !

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Same question. So disappointing on an expensive item.

Even if it's just for a day or so, I can't store the headphones in the case as it'll drain the case battery, whats the point in advertising a case that will charge your buds multiple times if you can't even store the buds in the case for fear of losing all battery charge.. seems such a school boy error!

I'm already returning a pair of buds as they just won't sync up to any videoing at all.. and now this, such a shame on a great sounding and awesome bud design.

I'd imagine I'll avoid Bose next time I'm in the market for audio.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

I had this problem before but after updating firmware all issues are gone for me. Very happy now. Feels like I get new pair of headphones lol.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Well, my sofware and hardware are up-to-date but...... after leaving the buds in the charge pod for a week without using them the pod goes down to 4 LEDs (out of five). Not really bad but somewhat dissapointing. According to Bose, this is normal since the buds are always trying to stay fully charged and therefor are constantly drawing power from the charge pod. I guess it would be helpful if there was a way to really turn the buds OFF for long-term storage. That would reduce the drain on the charge pod. On the other hand, it's nice to have the buds fully charged when I remove them from the charge pod to use them.

So, it a love/hate thing with me. The reality is that batteries discharge even when not being used. That's life. Anyone that tells you they don't is simply wrong. The charge pod going down in charge by 1 LED per week isn't really a big deal. I just have a routine now of charging once a week when I don't use them and every time after using them.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2018

One LED per week is superb already! Before updating a firmware, it was one LED per hour 🙂
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

Which update is this? Mine says it's up to date.

I have tired mine, and it got worse. Now on a full charge, it only lasts 2 hours of listening. And I am an addict to music.
I got them 3 months ago. It's really sad.