Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Bose soundsport charger case always charges until it dies?

Hello adambean,

I am sorry to hear about your experience, but am glad to assist. When you initially connect to the laptop you should get stereo sound. The issue seems to be with how Windows 10 treats the earbuds on subsequent connections - as a hands free device rather than a stereo headset. This appears to be an incompatibility. You can clear the pairing list on both the headphones and PC to refresh the connection but you are likely to have to repeat this every time you wish to connect. Some users have found better connection success bypassing the native Bluetooth and using a Bluetooth adapter. Hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Won't Stay Charged Inside Case

Support question to our Bose Community.

How long does the bose soundsport free charge case, once 100% charged, hold its charge if not used to charge the ear buds?

Even though both the charge case and the ear buds are 100% charged, it seems after 2 days, when the ear buds are not used, the charge case and ear buds lose their charge. Is this normal for Bose Soundsport Free Earbuds and Charging case? 

My Apple AirPods and Charge case do not lose their charge at all if I do not use use them. 

Can someone in our Bode community advise me please? 

Thank you kindly. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free Won't Stay Charged Inside Case

I have problem with sound sport free battery drain. Even when I don't use it the battery drains. I tried rebooting per instruction I found on different post. Even got a replacement as suggested by customer rep. updated the firmware to the latest.  Nothing is helping. battery life is supposed to be total 15 hours. but, I realistically get 4-5 hours tops and then I have to charge the whole thing. Is there a fix?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Bose Soundsport free not chargng

I've had for about a year now a pair of Bose Soundsport free headphones and recently they have stopped charging when I place them in the case. The case is charged all 5 lights light up indicating it is charged. However the next day when I go to use the headphones they are not fully charged. Each day the charge continues to drop despite the case showing it's charged. The headphones will charge if I plug the case in with the headphones int it but wont charge it I keep them in my bag. This is very annoying as I shouldn't have to charge them this often. Why is this happening all of a sudden?