Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

SoundSport Free left headset cuts off

I got this for Christmas and Bose has already replaced the whole set once. I wear them while walking my dog and it’s very puzzling that the left headset cuts off completely for one to several seconds, several times during walks in the park, dozens of yards away from any houses. This happens very often but not every day and not around the same area of the park (I teach RF wireless technology)

The headset will also turn off completely and disconnect if I stop playing for more than 5 minutes and they don’t reconnect until I press buttons on both left and right headsets. I own at least three other Bluetooth headset pairs and this problem never happens with any of them. Unfortunately the SoundSport Free is the most comfortable to wear, but I have to say, I am extremely disappointed. The buttons are also quite hard and difficult to operate. I wish I could exchange them for a different product that works better but uses the same ear tips. Firmware version 2.8.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free left headset cuts off

Hi @Jolenewa,

That sounds very unusual! What device are you using with your SoundSport headphones?

There are features in place to reserve battery and as long as you keep your Bluetooth enabled, the headphones should easily re-connect. In regards to ear tip sizes, you should've noticed three different sizes of ear tips that came with the product. Be sure to try each one to get a perfect fit!

I'd recommend that you attempt the steps HERE to tackle the connection issues. Then try a different device (if possible) and see if you're consistently noticing difficulties!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free left headset cuts off

Thank you! I have absolutely no issues with the fit and I guess you could think of me as a pioneer, since I have been using BT headsets for 20 or so years. This is truly the only set I have ever owned that exhibit this kind of problem.

I have owned iPhones since the 4S currently at iPhone X, and since Bose has already replaced the SoundSport Free once, pairing has never been an issue (yes, I have cleared them from the list and paired again already, as well as power-cycled my phone more than once). Having owned several cars (two at the moment), mice, headsets, presentation devices, you name it that are BT enabled this device continues to puzzle me. I recently purchased yet another BT headset (mono), for a different purpose, which works flawlessly when I wear it on the same walks.

Thanks again for trying,

J