Highlighted
Chris13571113
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

SoundSport Free not working with Windows 10

I read about 5 blogs in this website with no real solution to this problem.

Im very dissapointed in this company as it it claims to use the latest reserach and development in DSP and yet lacks simple bluetooth protocols.

A $2 ebay chinese bluetooth earbuds can probably have bettter and more reliable bluetooth connection.

Im so surpirsed the engineers or the product manager released this product with such a huge bug.

Anyone can please help me? and please dont send me to another forum that says to turn on and off your bluetooth or clear the lists.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MYH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free not working with Windows 10

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

All,

I have a pair of Bose SoundSport Free since couple of months ago, and just today thought to use them with my notebook, my connection issue was the left ear piece wasnt connecting via BT, while the right one was connected, stable but Mono sound. I digged around for quick fix, and some searches across some posts, and found lot of people like you are suffering from similar issues. The solution I reached is in this link https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/79ff6a/soundsport_free_and_windows_10/

in summary,

you have to make some changes.

1- un-pair your Bose SoundSport Free

2- Through Bose Connect from your mobile device - rename the set to any other name.

3- Reconnect your Bose again to windows 10, 

4- It works now stable and stereo,

The main issue I figured out is windows recognizing two channels (R + Mic) of the set not three channels as it is designed (L+ R+ Mic).

This fix will change the windows recognition of this set from Headset into Headphones.

You still can switch from the volume icone between Headset (R+Mic) into Headphones (L+R).

Hope this quick fix works with all of you and enjoy listening to Bose again.

Mohamed Hemimy

14 REPLIES 14
Im_Gamaro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hi,

Can you tell me whats happening, if your only getting sound in the right ear you might want to try this to see if it works.

1. Make sure you have unpared your earbuds from your computer

2. Have your case ready, turn of your earbuds by plugging them in and take them out when they turn of in the case

3. Press the function button until both earbuds are in pair mode (blue light blinking)

4. Then put the RIGHT earbud back in the case leaving you with the LEFT earbud in your hands now blinking red

5. Open up your bluethooth setting and press "Add Bluetooth or other device" button, click Bluetooth

6. Now take out the RIGHT earbud out of the case, turn it on and switch it to pair mode.

7. If both earbuds dont blink blue, keep trying to press both the buttons on both earbuds until they both show blue lights

8. Now try to find your device name in the pair list on your computer and pair with the device

I feel you, been trying to fix this thing for over 2 weeks, atleast try this too see if it works,

Hi Im_Gamaro,

Thanks for posting. Those are some great tips that will surely help a lot of users!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Chris13571113
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

Still nothing works.

I feel scared of byuing any more bose prodcuts because of this.

I wonder how and why with so many developers and engineers this product can go onto market with such a known bug.

Again Im at a library attempting to listen to some lectures and these headphones have let me down.

no solution and moderators just posting thanks for joining , keep it up!

anyone?

BSapp
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Holy Cow!  Thanks Gamaro!  I've been fighting this for weeks and reading the same forums everyone else is.  Not sure what about that left earbud pairing by itself worked but I'm up and running on windows10 with full stereo.  I appreciate the tip!

Shav
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Gamaro, you are my hero!

5 months that I am trying, and totally randomly I finally came across your solution. Thank you so much!

It works really nice. You just have to repeat the trick each time you wanna connect your computer again, and that honestly sucks.

MYH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

All,

I have a pair of Bose SoundSport Free since couple of months ago, and just today thought to use them with my notebook, my connection issue was the left ear piece wasnt connecting via BT, while the right one was connected, stable but Mono sound. I digged around for quick fix, and some searches across some posts, and found lot of people like you are suffering from similar issues. The solution I reached is in this link https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/79ff6a/soundsport_free_and_windows_10/

in summary,

you have to make some changes.

1- un-pair your Bose SoundSport Free

2- Through Bose Connect from your mobile device - rename the set to any other name.

3- Reconnect your Bose again to windows 10, 

4- It works now stable and stereo,

The main issue I figured out is windows recognizing two channels (R + Mic) of the set not three channels as it is designed (L+ R+ Mic).

This fix will change the windows recognition of this set from Headset into Headphones.

You still can switch from the volume icone between Headset (R+Mic) into Headphones (L+R).

Hope this quick fix works with all of you and enjoy listening to Bose again.

Mohamed Hemimy

Hi MYH,

Thank you for sharing your solution to the Community! 

I hope this helps to resolve other users' issues! 

I'll be interested to find if this works for anyone else. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

coolvee200
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Ear buds not connecting to each other
Bibice
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

This is not a Bose issue, I made the windows 10 1903 update two days ago, my earbuds work perfectly since. So bose is not at fault here ...