Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free wireless Battery Issue

@grmedhat wrote:

@OscarJacob wrote:

Hi

Sorry for my late reply

I just wanted to be sure to do it right

I tryed turning off the "Find my buds" feature, it improved the battery life but anyway after between 1.5 and 2 weeks it drains off all battery

You said you have a pair of SoundSport Wireless. What is "normal" battery life in your case? (No use, only storage in the case)

Thanks a lot!!!

@OscarJacob 

Sorry, I've been away a lot and haven't had the ability to check my wireless set until this evening. It's probably been two months or so since they were last used. If I recall correctly at that time they were at 90%. Right now without any use since then they are at 70%. Hope that helps.

Edit: I should also add I too use the case to charge them but I don't leave the earphones plugged into the case after they are fully charged. They are stored in the case but not connected to it.

@grmedhat How can you stored the earphones but don´t leave them plugged after fully charged?

I would like to try this solution

Thanks a lot!!!

grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@OscarJacob 

Sorry. I had go go back and read the thread again. I forgot you had the Wireless Free version, I have the Wireless version with the optional charging case so my suggestion won't apply. My apologies for the confusion.

Daryel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

OscarJacob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

@Daryel wrote:

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

@Daryel what is, in detail, the problem you had with the battery???

Daryel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

The charging of the headphones suck. To have the same problem twice, and seeing that others are having the same issues with charging the headphones, Bose Inc. needs to do something. If multiple people are reporting the same battery and charging issues, then the company needs to take a look into the product. Again would not recommend these headphones to anybody. 

Hi Daryel, 

thank you for taking the time to post! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earphones. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue after the reset and the Firmware update, I would recommend getting in touch with your local Technical Support Team for assistance. 

To reset your headphones: 

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case
  2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

To update the firmware, I have included the LINK HERE to assist you on how to do this. 

If you need to contact us, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O