Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free wireless Battery Issue

@grmedhat wrote:

@OscarJacob wrote:

Hi

Sorry for my late reply

I just wanted to be sure to do it right

I tryed turning off the "Find my buds" feature, it improved the battery life but anyway after between 1.5 and 2 weeks it drains off all battery

You said you have a pair of SoundSport Wireless. What is "normal" battery life in your case? (No use, only storage in the case)

Thanks a lot!!!

@OscarJacob 

Sorry, I've been away a lot and haven't had the ability to check my wireless set until this evening. It's probably been two months or so since they were last used. If I recall correctly at that time they were at 90%. Right now without any use since then they are at 70%. Hope that helps.

Edit: I should also add I too use the case to charge them but I don't leave the earphones plugged into the case after they are fully charged. They are stored in the case but not connected to it.

@grmedhat How can you stored the earphones but don´t leave them plugged after fully charged?

I would like to try this solution

Thanks a lot!!!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@OscarJacob 

Sorry. I had go go back and read the thread again. I forgot you had the Wireless Free version, I have the Wireless version with the optional charging case so my suggestion won't apply. My apologies for the confusion.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

@Daryel wrote:

These are literally the worst headphones that Bose made. I bought these headphones almost a year ago and head to use my warranty because of the battery issue. Bose sent me a new pair of headphones and I am literally going through the same issues with the battery instantly saying it's charged and it's not. I have went through every reset step with an agent and the only thing they can offer is to warranty the headphones again. Will not recommend these headphones to anyone. 

@Daryel what is, in detail, the problem you had with the battery???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

The charging of the headphones suck. To have the same problem twice, and seeing that others are having the same issues with charging the headphones, Bose Inc. needs to do something. If multiple people are reporting the same battery and charging issues, then the company needs to take a look into the product. Again would not recommend these headphones to anybody. 

Highlighted

Hi Daryel, 

thank you for taking the time to post! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earphones. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue after the reset and the Firmware update, I would recommend getting in touch with your local Technical Support Team for assistance. 

To reset your headphones: 

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case
  2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

To update the firmware, I have included the LINK HERE to assist you on how to do this. 

If you need to contact us, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Battery degradation by updates on my soundsport headphones

Battery capacity has dropped by approximately 50% after updates where sent through the bose app, for my sound sport wireless headphones. 

why does Bose do this to its consumers after advertising a premium price for a product? 

4 billion Dollars of greedy revenue being generated and an absolute disregard on consumer loyalty. 

Serial number for the two same devices I have bough in less than three years are as below mentioned. 

[SERIAL NUMBERS REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

soundsport free wireless Model 

what can Bose do about this to give my actual battery capacity back? 
I’m no stranger when it come to battery, the capacity doesn’t drop by 50% on any device suddenly from normal usage. I had this same issue on both devices after downloading bose updates. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Alright so ever since the recent software update for the soundsport free buds, im only getting like 45 minutes instead of 5 hours of playing time.

Ive tried doing alot of things to figure out what is wrong with the earbuds but i saw that many of the users aswell are having this issue.

Also another thing i'd like to add is that when the battery dies after 45 minutes, i place the buds in the case for less than 10 seconds then the lights stop blinking as if it charged 100 percent, i take them out to use them again and it tells me its charged 100 percent yet it only provides me with extra 15 minutes of play time, ive tried doing this but WITHOUT placing it in the case.

So when the batter dies after the first 45 minutes of playtime i leave the buds in my ear for literally 1 minute then i press the play button and the buds start again saying that the battery is at 80 percent, even though they just died less than a minute ago?

When is the new firmware and software update for these buds

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

I had the exact same issue. It happened after I updated the firmware to 2.8.0, before that 2.6.0 was working perfectly fine. After upgrading to 2.8.0 I noticed horrible battery drain as well as degrade in sound quality as well.

After trying all the options as suggested by Bose, apart from the also tried to do a force update to the firmware again, but still no luck.

I gave up and called in the Bose customer care and explained them the issue, they arranged for a pickup for my earphones, then in a week they were picked up. And then after another week I got a brand new headset replaced by Bose. Note: My headset was out-of-warranty, but since they were having issues after the firmware upgrade they just replaced them.

One thing I used to do is...always charge them via a power adapter, which I'm gonna stop an use the provided USB cable and a computer to charge always. Another thing, I'm going to stick with the 2.6.0 firmware which came installed in the brand new box as I'm scared to upgrade the firmware again and get into issues. If there is a new firmware update, I will better wait for reviews before trying it out myself.

And another thing, which one of the guys named OscarJacob posted stating about the battery drain which happens even if you leave the headset lying unused say for 10 days as you said is because the headset goes into a LPE (Low Power Energy) mode and the headset does not actually switch off, but instead it goes into LPE which is the main reason of the battery drain even though if you do not use them.

I hope this information help you guys. Cheers!!