Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

SoundSport Free wireless headphones Does Not Charge

My Headphones stopped charging and every time I attempt to charge, no indicator comes on.  I have attempted in various wall outlets, computer and car chargers.  

It is code ***edited by moderator***.  This is my second set as my first set had an issue with a piece that turns on and off.  I like the product so I purchaed this one in hopes there would not be further issues.  

Appreciate any guidance.  Not interested in buying a third of the same product.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free wireless headphones Does Not Charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello jbogojr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I can understand how this may be frustrating after having some issues with your previous pair. 

My best suggestion would be to see if your headphones are able to complete a firmware update via btu.bose.com. Of course, if they have no power at all, they won't be recognized by your computer, but I think it is definitely worth trying. 

A reset would also be my next suggestion. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Should you still not be able to power on your SoundSport wireless headphones, please contact your local support to determine service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

If you have any questions or problems along the way, do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to assist.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello jbogojr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I can understand how this may be frustrating after having some issues with your previous pair. 

My best suggestion would be to see if your headphones are able to complete a firmware update via btu.bose.com. Of course, if they have no power at all, they won't be recognized by your computer, but I think it is definitely worth trying. 

A reset would also be my next suggestion. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Should you still not be able to power on your SoundSport wireless headphones, please contact your local support to determine service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

If you have any questions or problems along the way, do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to assist.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

SoundSport Free wireless headphones Does Not Charge

I jusf bought a brand new soundsport free wireless. After i opened it up and charged it until the inside and the outside of the case told me that its fully charged. After that trying to connect it to any device fails the earbuds doesn't light at all or make any sound even its telling me that its fully charged

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I'm from the UK & have the Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones

I have an issue where the headphones are essentially out of battery, but when I put them in the (charged) case, it blinks twice, implying charging, then switches to a solid white light, implying they are fully charged and the charging stops

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Headphones not charging in case

Hi

my Bose sound sport free headphones will not charge when in the case, there seems to be a connection problem with the right headphone as the light flashes when in the case. It does stay on after some moving around but still does not charge correctly ? I have tried cleaning the connectors already and this did not help 

thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Hi, when I place my SoundSport Free’s in the case, the light in the case blinks 3 times and then stays on, if i leave them, the light stays on and they dont charge. I understand they are supposed to stay blinking while they charge, and the light is on when fully charged. Please help me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

PS: they are able to charge when plugged in.

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

Have you all tried the troubleshooting steps posted by @Charlotte_G above? If not I would definitely recommend that you do so to get your headphones charging again!

If you have tried those steps and are still unable to charge your headphones correctly, then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!