Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

SoundSport Free

Well hear it goes again.... 

One my 3rd pair already and all 3 have had somewhat of the same problem and I'm beyond frustrated now. 

First of all if it's not already beeping when I take them out the earbuds will automatically lower the volume and just CONSTANTLY beep!!! 

Also none of the buttons work! I've had them for a few months now and they've never worked since I bought them. Also check the warranty on them and its supposedly "expired" and they not even a year old. 

Anyone have the same problems? I've connected it to different devices and it's the same problem and yes it is updated to the latest firmware. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Free

Hello Gabriel3V, 

Thanks for reaching out and posting in the forums. 

So sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your headphones. Since this is the third pair, I am sure you are familiar with the troubleshooting needed to resolve your issue. Just to confirm, have you tried: 

• Going to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and updating your headphones software.
  • Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

If so, there are a few things we should consider, as this is certainly not normal. I would like to confirm if the headphones are being stored correctly, they should be stored within -4 to 122 °F (-20 to 50 °C). Also, in terms of charging, the headphones should have a 5 VDC, 0.8 A power supply being used. Anything less than this will possibly not charge the headphones. Anything more than this will most certainly damage them. 

As you are having physical issues also, with the buttons. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. Your warranty runs from the date of purchase, so if you send the agent a photo of your receipt, we can honor the warranty if they are under 1 year old. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.