Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2020

SoundSport Headphones Won't Stay Off

My headphones won't stay off, they will just turn on and pair to my phone, the only way they stay off is to have them charging then just won't turn on. Now they won't even power on, this is the 3rd pair in the last 7 months where this has happened.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Headphones Won't Stay Off

Hi semack, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that your SoundSport headphones are experiencing some power issues. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what  SoundSport product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

If you have tried any troubleshooting also do let us know what you have attempted. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Mine do the exact same thing

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem, I always make sure my earbuds and charging case are fully charged before I put them away. The headphones are only paired with one device, most of the time the Bluetooth is turned off on that device unless I'm using my earbuds. I've noticed that my earbuds and charging case are fully discharging over the period of one week while not in use (earbuds stored in case). So basically every time I go to use them they need to be charged. It appears that they are not turning off or going into hibernation correctly. I'm running all the latest software according to your updater for both my app and device (it has been directly connected to the updater app to confirm this, version 2.8.0). The case is working correctly as when it's 90% closed the two internal lit charging lights turn off. The case and earbuds are not being stored in an area of extreme temperature differentials (normal room temperature). The earbuds are under a year old and have received only moderate use (about once a week for a few hours). So basically my question is as noting I'm doing is incorrect why are my earbuds discharging to this extent when not in use?  

Is the solution to this to keep them permanently connected to a charging port when not in use or is this not recommended by Bose (no mention of this in user manual, it just says it's fully charged when all five indicators glow solid white)? 

Regards,

Ciaran

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

So no response from Tech support after two weeks to my query, there must be a problem with them that an update can't fix!

I'll be returning mine for a refund as they are useless to me as a portable device if they are flat every time I go to use them and support have not confirmed that it's ok to leave them on charge during the interim periods of use.  

As a customer with multiple Bose devices I'm bitterly disappointed with this lack support, what's the point of having an online service like this if nobody replies to customer questions ?????

Highlighted

Hello Ciaran, 

Thanks for reaching out. 👋

Apologies for the delay in reply. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones. 

I can see you have already tried updating, so thank you for trying that.

Moving forward, I would recommend getting in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.