Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

SoundSport In-Ear headphones - Skip Forward/Backwards Doesn't Work

I've had the Android version of the Soundsport wired in-ear headphones for a while now and I've never been able to get the skip forward/backward media playback function to work.  The play/pause functions works, along with all the phone call functions.  Is there a limitation to what apps the skip forward/backwards functions work?  Is there a supporting app I need to have these functions?  Any information would be appreciated!  The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 if it matters.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport In-Ear headphones - Skip Forward/Backwards Doesn't Work

Hi sphericalstow, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having issues using the functions of the headphones and would love to assist you further! 

Can you please confirm which source you are using when you are attempting to skips the tracks as well as if you have attempted the headphones on another device? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members that have experienced this issue.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've used a variety of apps to listen to music and podcasts (pandora, soundcloud, podcast addict), with no luck.  Maybe the apps do not support these functions?  Is there a known app where these functions should work that I can test?  I also had the same issue when using the headphones on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Highlighted

Hi sphericalstow, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I have done a little research online and this appears to be an Android 8.x issue that I have seen across many forums. Do you have another set of headphones that you are able to test this function on? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Unfortunately I do not have another set of headphones.  I am running Android 9 on my Galaxy S8, if that makes a difference.  I will try some other apps.  It's not a big deal that it doesn't work.  Thanks for doing some research, I wasn't able to find anything in regards to these particular headphones.

Highlighted

Hi sphericalstow, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us! 

Please do update me on the result of the other applications and you know anyone else with a different set of headphones that you can attempt this with please do let me know. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I did some experimenting with some other apps to see if I could get the skip forward/backwards to work.

Samsung Music: skip forward (double-press) and skip backwards both work

VLC: skip forward works only, couldn't get skip backwards to work

Soundcloud: skip forward only

So it seems like it just depends on the app.  I guess the Samsung app is more native so it works the best, but third part apps are hit and miss.

Hi sphericalstow, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I appreciate the experimenting that you have done, it is very strange that this only happens on certain apps and if any other users are also experiencing this issue please do let us know the results to the testing that has been done above also! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B