cdg
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

[SoundSport] Left earbud not working anymore

Hi all,

I am having issues with my earbuds. They have been awesome so far, but since last week the left earbud has stopped working. According the charging case, I believe it is fully charged, but the earbud itself doesn't connect/ emit any light/ make any sound.

I tried all the solutions mentionned in the forum, e.g. update the firmware/ connect to other devices/ etc, etc.

Has anyone reached out to Bose about a similar problem?

For info, I was offered my earbuds in May 2018. The model is "Bose SoundSport Free".

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: [SoundSport] Left earbud not working anymore

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Docsshubs,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue connecting your left SoundSport Free earbud. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread, to no avail, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Hector_B

Hi Cdg, thanks for your post and welcome to the community! Could you please let us know which methods you have tried so I can avoid getting you to repeat them. Does the Left earbud LED light up when the button on the side is pressed? If you haven't already I would highly recommend cleaning the Bluetooth list on the headphones. You can do this by: 

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Can you please also let us know if you can discover the headphones inside the Bose Connect App? 

Kind Regards 

Hector_B Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
cdg
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your quick answer, I really appreciate this 🙂

The methods I tried were:

- Unpairing/ re-pairing to different devices

- Clearing all device list

- Updating the firmware/ the android application

- Charging the earbuds for a long time (and the lights from the charging case tells me both earbuds are fully charged.

The left earbud is not responsive. It does not emit any light at any moment, even when I push the button.

I can discover the right earbud with the Bose Connect app, but the left earbud is not recognized.

What else can I try>

Thank you once again, Hector!

Hector_B

Hi Cdg, thanks for the rapid response. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. As you have already attempted most of the recommended troubleshooting methods I would highly recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team in your region you can do that by Clicking this link selecting your region and scrolling down to Contact us. Sorry that we couldn't resolve this issue via the community. If anyone else has had this issue and has resolved it please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector_B  

cdg
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you Hector. I just called the Bose Support team and talked to Tim.

He was kind, but was unfortunately not able to help me. Basically:

- The earbuds were given to me as a gift by a friend in May 2018

- He did not keep the receipt

- Tim told me that he can't do any replacement without the receipt

I am not sure what to do next. The earbuds are presumably still under warranty. Is there any other way to proceed?

Also, thanks again for the support! I am a big fan of Bose products (I have two QC 35 for work/ home) and absolutely love the fact that the support is equally good! Thank you!

Best,

Hector_B

Hi Cdg, I am sorry to hear that! Did you provide Tim with your serial number on your headphones? You should have a 4 digit DOM number printed on the left and right earbuds. You will need to remove the StayHear+ tips to see them. Did you quote this when on the phone? 

Kind Regards 

Hector_B 

cdg
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

Hi Hector,

I did provide him with the serial numbers of both earbuds and the charging case, but he needed the receipt to confirm the date of purchase apparently.

Thank you for your help, one again 🙂

Hector_B

Hi Cdg, we are sorry to hear that! I would recommend giving them another call and explaining what we have spoken about on here. Please let me know the result of this. 

Kind Regards,

Hector_B

cdg
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

Hi Hector,

When I first called, I already mentionned that I talked to you on the forum, but Tim still wanted to see the receipt.

I am not sure what I should do, I feel like I have nothing new to tell compared to what I told Tim two hours ago.

Is there someone specific I can reach out to?

Thanks!

Hector_B

Hi Cdg, I would call them again just to try and see if you get a different outcome if this is unsuccessful, please try emailing the customer support team that is on the same Contact Us page. There isn't anything else I can do for you to do with this situation on the community. Sorry that I can't assist further. 

Kind Regards

Hector_B