SoundSport Still turn off on hot temperatures

Quiet Contributor

SoundSport Still turn off on hot temperatures

So I was in Vegas walking the strip, It was like 103°F Wearing my SoundSport Headphones and they kept shutting down, I understand is was hot but wasnt the new firmware supposed to stop this from happening? Frustrated at the fact that these headphones are expensive, yet they cant stay on unlike cheaper headphones. Any advice would be great, Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: SoundSport Still turn off on hot temperatures

Hi Mendoza805, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience of your earphones shutting off. I'll be happy to help you where I can. 

Can you confirm which earphones you have? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hey @Jessie_O 

I have the SoundSport Free wireless headphones. Currently running Firmware Version 2.6.0

Hope to hear from you soon, Thanks

Highlighted

Hi there @Mendoza805, and apologies for the delay!

The operating temperature for the SoundSport Free headphones is 5°F-122°F (-15°C-50°C) .

The software update mentioned prior was designed to stop headphones from cutting out when near, but below that range. As your headphones are cutting out within that range, I would advise reaching out to support within your country/region for assistance. This can be done by clicking HERE, selecting your country or region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any updates or questions regarding this!

Liam W 

Quiet Contributor

Not sure what good would it be to contact support regarding this

Hi Mendoza805, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

We are recommending that you reach out to support in your region as your headphones are shutting down when they should not be as they are inside operating temperature meaning that the headphones may have a fault and the team will look into this for you. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Tried using mine for the first time this mont on holiday in Turkey. Been boxed up since Christmas. Have many Bose products ans are all EXCELLENT, apart from these Soundsport buds! I was lucky if i got through two songs before left ear bud kept disconnecting. Very annoying trying to reconnect just for them to disconnect EVERY TIME. Read many reviews stating the same proble so will be sending mine straight back i'm afraid. Will try another brand as these are un-useable.

Hi Lee.Davies67,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing with your SoundSport frees, We'd love to help. 

I would recommend updating the Firmware by clicking the LINK HERE and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O