Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

SoundSport Volume Control not Working - Can I replaceit

I have 5 pairs of SoundSports. As they fail over time. One set works fine except the on-cord volume control is dead - does not respond to button pushes.

Can I cut out the control, and splice in the same control from another SoundSport pair (also not working but the Volume control is OK)? Not sure what to expect in terms of wiring inside the cable. But hoping to be able splice corresponding wires together, then re-tape cable when spliced.

Know this sounds nuts, but what else can I do with 4 pair of non-functioning SoundSports?

Yes, I have reset the device per Bose Support staff recommendations

Thanks for any tips

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Volume Control not Working - Can I replaceit

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry to hear you're having this experience. 

We would not recommend you remove and re-add the controls to attempt to get this functioning once more. 

Please reach out to your local product support team so we can look into this with you further and get you enjoying your headphones once more. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.  The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!