Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

SoundSport Wireless Rubber Jacket Tear Apart

Greetings,
I always have been a big fan of Bose and still I am. However, my expectation were high the fact that I did not think it will have issues with quality over time. The headphones started to tear apart and become annoying. I'm not sure if it is common but my use was normal and I guess many customers faced similar issues over time.

Did anyone faced the same issue? Will Bose provide warranty on the glue for the rubber jacket? For one unit the rubber is already gone and the other becomes loose. Is there spare parts or we just have to accept this level of quality?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport Wireless Rubber Jacket Tear Apart

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi AIAneed, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. This isn't something that you should be experiencing with your headphones, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi AIAneed, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. This isn't something that you should be experiencing with your headphones, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hi Hector,

This is the status of the Rubber cover after 20 days at the local agent maintenance. Am from Jordan where bose have a local dealer, and my speakers were bought  from Virgin storel (City Mall), and the reason I got those speakers the same is as follows:

**bose dealers: needs an invoice and it was a gift i have no invoice for and it might not be from their stock imported it might imported by Virgin stores, they have emailed Bose (Regional) but got no email back about this one in specific.

**Virgin stores have no record of my speakers noe have any record of speakers sold without an invoice

** Bose local dealer said they have no spare parts.

And the e-bay have only cheap spare parts am not keen to buy.

Can you please help me out. 

20190908_205907.jpg

Hi hecktor

Highlighted

Hello Joeodeh,

Thank you for messaging the community! I am very sorry to see that you are experiencing an issue with the casing of your SoundSport Wireless Headphones. 

When you refer to the Bose dealers, are you referring to your authorised third party retailer in your region. Were they contacted by this information. If you have not contacted your regions Bose product support team, I would recommend that you reach out to them in regards to this issue. 

Please let us know, I would love to do what I can to assist you with this matter.

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Dear Tegan, I saw a Bose store in amman near my house i visited them with the problem, after 14 days i contact them and they said the following: * Soundsport speakers parts aren't available. *they are not sure these speakers were imported by them or by Virgin stores (the place were there speakers were bought) [Edited By Moderator]. When i contacted virgin stores they confirmed its been imported by Bose *they sent an email to Bose to confirm the serial number and they didn't get any reply on that. *they needed an invoice with the date but i don't have since it was a gift bought by my neice.

Highlighted

Hello Joeodeh,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

We thank you for getting in contact with your regions Bose product support team. Unfortunately we are unable to assist further via this platform as we do not have access to your regions terms and conditions regarding exchanges. What I would recommend is that you contact us via Facebook direct message or via twitter @BoseService and an agent may be able to assist you with this matter further, however we can not guarantee we will be able to approve this service with our Jordan team for you. 

We would like to do what we can to try and assist you with this matter, please contact us via these alternate platforms so we can look into this with you further. 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Dear Tegan,

Thank you for prompt reply.

Please help me buy faulty part online and will do the rest. And i suggest you replace our local agent with more professional one.

Highlighted

Hi Joeodeh,

I will pass on your feedback. I am afraid that we cannot assist with purchasing in this circumstance, by tampering with your headset this will void your warranty period if you are still valid within this time. 

I apologise that we can not assist more with this matter via this platform. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Love my Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones.  I have had them for a few years now and they have worked great. 

I am having the same problem with my right side and my controls.  The rubber is pealing off.  I even had the hard plastic inside the power button fall out.  Luckily I was in the house on hardwood floors or I would be unable to turn them on now.  Got them temporarily fixed but would like to make this correction more permanent.

Since I have had them for about 3 years, mine are out of the warranty period.  So, I was wondering if the are the parts available for purchase?  I have seen the repair videos online, and from watching the videos on YouTube about this problem it seems like a simple task to fix if I can get the parts.  I could buy from the vendor online, but prices make it almost cost effective to just buy another pair.

Can you offer any help with this?

Highlighted

Hi @LoveMyTunes

I am saddened to hear about your experience, I can understand why this has caused disappointment. 

Please reach out to your local Bose product support team, an agent here will be able to look into this with you further and provide you with the available service options to you.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.