Highlighted
ChillyBeez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

SoundSport controls not working with Spotify

I love my SoundSport, but I didn't love Apple Music.  I went to Spotify and my SoundSport controls do not work, volume works but nothing else, pause only works to activate Siri.  I've got the current firmware and have no other issues, same iPhone 7 Plus as well.  If I have to just suck it up and use my iPhone, I will.  Just looking to see if anyone else had and issue and resolved it somehow.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundSport controls not working with Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by ChillyBeez

Hi ChillyBeez, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Have you attempted to check the settings inside the Spotify app to ensure there is nothing that won't allow you to do this? I would also recommend that you clear your devices paring list and attempt to reconnect to the headphones this can be done via: 

• Power off your headset
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”

You will also need to forget the connection on your mobile device. 

Please update me on this and if any other users in the community have had this issue please do reach out. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

11 REPLIES 11

Author Accepted Answer selected by ChillyBeez

Hi ChillyBeez, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Have you attempted to check the settings inside the Spotify app to ensure there is nothing that won't allow you to do this? I would also recommend that you clear your devices paring list and attempt to reconnect to the headphones this can be done via: 

• Power off your headset
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”

You will also need to forget the connection on your mobile device. 

Please update me on this and if any other users in the community have had this issue please do reach out. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

ChillyBeez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Hector_B

That worked, simple and easy solution, THANK YOU!!

ChillyBeez

Hi ChillyBeez! 

Thanks for updating us!

We're glad to hear that your back up and running. 

If you have any other issues please reach out to us again!

Kindest,

Jessie O

syawal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I have the same issue. the control buttons not working with spotify. Tried the suggestions, but it still doesn't work on my redmi note 7

Hello syawal,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble and you have already tried the troubleshooting steps. I suggest that you try deleting the Spotify app and then re-downloading it. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

syawal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Tried your suggestion to uninstall and reinstalling spotify app.  The control button still doesn't work with spotify. And i have to redownload my whole music library too in the process of reinstalling. 

I did a test earlier. This earbuds can control spotify on galaxy s10+, lava iris and iphone x

It didn't work on my redmi note 7, oppo f11, huawei mate 10

It makes having a wireless earbuds redundant because i need to use my phone while working out

Hello syawal,

Okay, thanks for giving that a go and testing the additional devices that is very useful information. Have you tried resetting the devices that are having the issues with Spotify? If not give that a go and I would also like you to check in the app to let me know what firmware the headphones are running but also make sure the Spotify app is up to date.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

syawal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

The earbuds is on firmware version 2.7.7 which is the latest one i guess because it was updated as soon as i connect it to the phone the first time  

Spotify is on latest version too as I've just reinstalled it. 

As for your suggestion to reset this device, i can't do that. I'd rather sell this earbuds than suffer for hours trying to reconfigure my phone again with slow Internet 

Hello syawal,

Thanks for getting back to me and checking those items. Although you are do not seem to be behind on firmware I would still like to try to push a manual update to the earbuds, this can be done by following the steps below.

Sorry, I meant more of a soft reset rather than a factory reset, more of a device reboot if you are able to do that; apologies for the confusion.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

• Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.

• Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product

• Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater

• Click "Download" to download the updater

• Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB

• If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains

• Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C