Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Hi Hugocabreraleon,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to see you have encountered this issue. I would recommend trying the following steps - 

• Updating your headphones by going to btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions.
  • Trying to pair to a different device to see if the issue is consistent.
  • Clearing the headsets memory and re-pairing to see if that helps.

If that doesn't seem to help, you can always contact your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

ANTON YVR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Left earbud is cutting in and out (about one or twice every 4 minutes or so)when working out. while walking or running is ok but seems to happen more while more active exercises. 

all updates are current and installed. Bose connect app indicates that the left earbud is not connected but it still plays music thankfully. looks like im lucky compared to others experiences from previous posts. have others have the same experiences?

Thanks in advance, 

A

Highlighted

Hello Anton, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones. 
Have you tried removing the headphones and re-adding them back to the app? 

You can see troubleshooting advice and tips on our support website by clicking Here. 

Looking forward to hearing from you 

All the best 

Liam G 

elvlee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hi!

I am having issues with my sportsfree too, my left earbud suddenly stopped working. I called the Philippine Service Center and they shared that they don't repair headphones, is this true?  The worth of this headphone is 16,000 pesos / 300+ USD  and they are saying this is disposable.

Regards,

elvlee 

Hello Elvlee,

Thank you for your post. Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're also having issues with your Sound Sport Free headphones. Service options vary from each region, however due to hygiene and the nature of design we exchange opposed to repair. If you have tried all the troubleshooting methods previously stated throughout this thread and still experiencing issues, you will need to contact your local support team who will provide you with the most accurate information on available service options. 

Have a great day!

Tegan M - Community Support 

elvlee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hi Tegan M,

It was shared to me by our service center that they will be giving me 20% discount for purchasing another soundsport product as they are not repairing soundsport product. The other issue is it was a gift last year to me and i can't provide any proof of purhcase aside from the box and some documents inside the box, I doubt it is still under warranty as it is already more than 1 year.

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello Elvlee,

Thank you for your post. Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're also having issues with your Sound Sport Free headphones. Service options vary from each region, however due to hygiene and the nature of design we exchange opposed to repair. If you have tried all the troubleshooting methods previously stated throughout this thread and still experiencing issues, you will need to contact your local support team who will provide you with the most accurate information on available service options. 

Have a great day!

Tegan M - Community Support 

Regards,

Elvin

TRP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello,

I have the same problem with these ear buds. Mine were a gift at Christimas 3 months ago. From the first time I tried to use them I could only hear out of the right ear bud. I've downloaded the latest firmware, paired, repaired, deleted, used voodoo and chicken bones.  Nothing will make that Left bud work. I had about 30 minutes today where it worked (on and off, I had to make sure not to move too much while I typed). 

Both ear buds are fully charged. Paired on a ThinkPad. One bud works. This HAS to be a sofware problem where the buds think they are in 'voice' mode. How can I fix these before I tell my wife she blew $300.00 on a single ear bud, and not ear buds?

Thanks,
Ted

Hello TRP,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I would recommend you get in touch with our customer service team, you can find the details by clicking HERE.

Select your country/region and then scroll to the bottom of the page then select contact us where you will find the contact details.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C -Community Support 

nsteblay
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

I just purchased a pair.  I paired them with a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music.  9 times out of 10 I can't get the left earbud to work.  I've updated the firmware to the latest.  I don't have this issue with other Bluetooth devices.  Definitely not worth what I paid for them.  I can't recommend these to anyone.

elvlee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

agree.. disposable 300 usd product. not recommended