Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

SoundSport multi-point connection being super glitchy

I have my SoundSport earphones connected to my phone and my laptop. When they turn on, they say, "Connected to MacBook Pro and OnePlus 5." I'm trying to listen to music from Spotify on my phone, so I pushed the button again and it said, "OnePlus 5." Then my phone plays like it's connected, but no sound comes through. A few seconds later, the earphones beep, the phone goes back to playing from its own speaker, and the earphones say, "Connected to MacBook Pro and OnePlus 5."

The only way I can actually listen to music on my phone is to turn off Bluetooth on my laptop. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: SoundSport multi-point connection being super glitchy

Hi rara623,

Welcome! Thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the multi-point connection on your SoundSports and I would be happy to help with this.

So I can provide the most accurate information, can you please let me know which SoundSports you have? If you are unsure you can double-check using the Product Identifier.

The first thing I would recommend doing would be to make sure your headphones are fully up to date, using the Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Highlighted

Thank you for letting me know that!

As you are still seeing the problem after updating, the next thing to do would be a reset of your headphones. To do this you would want to:

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headset.

It would also be a good idea to forget the pairing from your phone and MacBook before you reconnect the headphones and test.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.