selurnomis
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

SoundSport sweat resistance question

I recently bought a pair of SoundSport wireless earphones. When running, they are great for the first 10 minutes. When I start to sweat even a little, the right earphone starts making a noise with every footfall, a little bit like something is hitting it. It kind of sounds like it's moving slightly around in there or coming looser because of the sweat, and it's deeply annoying. It's only the right earphone. Is there any way I can stop this? 

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: SoundSport sweat resistance question

Hello Selurnomis, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are hearing some odd noises when running with the headset. 

I would highly recommend changing the size of the StayHear + tips to see if this happens with the other sizes. Please ensure that you are using the set that fits your ears the best. The headphones come with size medium attached and size small and large inside the box. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
selurnomis
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you!!! I will give it a go on a run tomorrow with the large ones, and report back!

selurnomis
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Hi Hector!

Tried the larger ones and the smaller ones when running this morning - the larger ones did the same clicky clicky thing after about 5km (only on the right ear again...) and the smaller ones just fell straight out.

Really thought it would work! Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this persists.

Does it look as though there is any damage on the right headphone?

Does this also occur with every device you connect to out of interest?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
selurnomis
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Hello!

I tested it out and it did the same thing with a different phone after I connected. It's also fine the rest of the time, it's just when running that it happens. I think it's not an electronics issue and more of a fit issue - as soon as in-ear sweat appears, the earphone I guess comes a little loose and starts going up and down in the ear, making the clicking sound. It never falls out, which is good, and it's strange how it's only ever the right one. As far as I can see there's no damage to the right earphone, and it's perfect 95% of the time for just ordinary use - but I'd like to use them for sport.

selurnomis
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Also, I just had a look at this thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/StayHear-Tips-Won-t-Stay-Put/td-p/59469

I think my problem is fairly similar, but my "antihelix fold" is fine as far as I know...

Is there any other thing I can use for keeping the StayHear tip in place on the right ear when running?