Dan_Nash
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Soundlink AE2 mic stops working with certain apps

I have been experiencing issues with the mic of my Soundlink AE2. While I am in a call in Zoom, skype or even while playing games online (I use Win10), the mic just stops working. Zoom is the only on showing me an error notification that says something like "Your microphone stoped working". The other apps or programs do not show a notification but mic just stops worling. This could happen 2 or 3 times in a 1 hour call.

To quickly fix this, I turn off and then back on again the headphones and the mic starts working again, until I get the notification again. My co-workers have the same headphones and they are not experiencing this problem (they use Mac).

I have deleted the headphones from my bluetooth connection and connect them back again, checked if the software is updated, but nothing has worked so far; I am still expriencing this issue.

Thanks for your any help you can give me.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Soundlink AE2 mic stops working with certain apps

Hello Dan, 

Thanks for posting! 

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the microphone on your SoundLink Around-Ear II headphones. 

Does the issue only occur on your computer? Have you tried pairing to your co-worker's computers to see if the same issue persists?

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!