Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toshie
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Soundproof earphones

I use my soundproof earphones in my Apple iPod and for the first time ever today it just kept pausing 

I had the iPod on lock, kept out of the sun and not once did they both (iPod & Bose) felt warm 

I thought maybe my iPod at first, changed head set and everything was fine to determine it was my bose

i have never experienced this before and deverstated is an understatement as these head sets are my life 

hope someone can help plse 

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Marvin_B

Re: Soundproof earphones

Hi Toshie.

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your post.

I am here to help.

Just to confirm, may I know what headphones do you have?

Please check this LINK to enter the serial number or DOM of the headphones to let you know the product that you have.

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Toshie
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Thank you for the reply

My Bose are a QC20 

Hope this helps 

Jeff_G

Hello Toshie, 

Thanks for confirming. 

I may be incorrect, but if the iPod is set to 'lock' no external controls (or on board for that matter) should affect it, so it could be a hardware problem with the iPod. I'm wondering if there may be a connection problem with the headphone port which is causing the iPod to pause as it doesn't recognize a set of headphones installed. Please try the headphones with other devices to see if the problem continues, if it only happens with the iPod, it's possible the problem is specific to that product. You may also wish to try another set of headphones with the iPod. Finally, check the port to ensure it's free of debris, if anything is in there interfering with the sensors in the port that could also be a reason for unexpected performance. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Toshie
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2021

Many thanks again for the reply

Indeed my thoughts exactly if the iPod is in lock mode nothing should interfere 

I did try another set of headphones and they worked perfectly with no issues 

I have tried again this evening my Bose and weirdly they have worked perfectly

I have completely have no idea what’s going on, but fingers crossed

Many thanks once again and should the problem accrue I’ll keep ur tips in advance