Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Soundsport 3 will not connect

The case is fully charged and when in the case the lights for both sides are solid. As soon as the earbuds are taken out the case the left headphone makes a noise with 3 descending tones and repeats it when pressing the button on the left earbud. The headphones will not connect to any device

Bose connect can't find the device and when attempting to update the software the updater says the case is empty.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport 3 will not connect

Hey RyanC, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are having some connection issues, let's get this resolved for you. 

The update that you have attempted via the app is a great first step, we should also try to update the headset via the manual update method. This can be done by connecting the headphones to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

We should also reset the headset by following these steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Hi,

I had tried the manual updater as well (with the case open and closed) but when the case is connected to my PC the lights next to the earbuds turn off and the updater says the case appears to be empty even though the earbuds are in it.

Also tried to repeat the process after doing the reset as instructed however the problems have persisted and the earbuds cannot be used with any device or found via the bose connect app

Highlighted

Hi RyanC, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. 

As we have exhausted troubleshooting options, moving forward, I would encourage you to contact the local support team in your region to discuss service for your headphones here

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!