Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Re: Soundsport Bose Decal and Rubber casing falling apart

I am having the same issue, however, I am wondering if an additional piece fell out as a result of the loosening rubber housing.  I can no longer turn on and off the headphones even when I try to "line up" the rubber housing over the on/off switch.  I have resorted to using a pen or other pointed objects, to power the headphones, which is disappointing given my expectations of Bose products.  Is there a piece between the rubber and the on/off switch that I'm now missing and in any case can this be repaired???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

I purchased the Bose Soundsport headphones a while back. I only use them in my office for my work and they have had minimal use overall, however the casing is falling off of the ear piece and the volume controls. They are stretched out and and coming very loose. I am not sure what, if anything, can be done. I can't find replacements for them but as I was researching I am finding that this isn't completely uncommon. Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Are we still replacing it?

Because i am facing the same problem once again.

And i iave done the replacement once

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2020

Hi Tony, I have the same issue, the rubber casing is falling apart, but my earphone is more than a year old, what should I do? It was so expensive.

Highlighted

Hi Pvzeira, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Hi! I have the same problem, with both cases running loose. I’m from Romania, I contacted the official service company and they told me they cannot support in any way since my heahphones are out of warranty. They cannot fix them even with money. Please note that the headphones work perfectly, it’s just the rubber case. Would appreciate any advice. I cannot accept that these premium expensive cases cannot be serviced. Any advice would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Bose sound sport- Hardware quality

Hello,

I am an avid user of Bose equipments and but I am sorry to say that my last 2 purchases from Bose have been disappointing. I did not know about this community and just found about this. I wanted to let you know about the problems that I am facing and if its possible to provide a solution.

1. I had bought a Bose QC 20(3 yrs back)  noise cancelling but the headphone jack was having problems after a year ( It has lose contact with the headphone jack and so sound doesn't come out correctly, no problems with the noise cancelling). I took it to the Bose service center in Mumbai, but they said that it was indeed a problem, but they cannot do anything as it was out of warranty and can provide a 25%discount on purchase of a new one of the same model. Although I was disappointed, I did not go ahead with the purchase of new one.

2. After the problem with QC 20, then I bought a new Bose Soundsport which I am currently using for more than a year. I had seen that there is no problem with the sound, but the plastic ring which was there around the earpiece has come out. Today both the plastic rings surrounding the earpiece has come out, the power on button plastic piece has fallen out and also the rubber in the volume control has now started to come out. I have taken pics, but I do not see an option of attaching the pictures here. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Soundsport Bose Decal and Rubber

Can anyone suggest me what to do to my Bose soundsport rubber casing that falling apart? I have had it for two years and currently the bluetooth rubber button is falling apart. I tried contacting the service support here in my country, but apparently there is nothing they can do to help me as mine has past over its warranty period. Id appreciate your help as it is very difficult for me to switch connection between devices. Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Had the worst experience ever with these BOSE SOUNDSPORT FREE WIRELESS HEADPHONES! The rubber casing around the headphones just starts falling apart! from the other comments in the community I realised, this is not a one-off case but a manufacturing flaw or done purposely to take money off the pockets of the consumers!!! I just need an answer from Bose as to if I will get my headphones replaced FREE or not??? 

( Edited by Moderator) 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Finally i decided to trash the device, no decent answer from brand nor local representative.

That is the end of my Bose brand experience, definitively there are other brands that surpass Bose in quality and price.