Soundsport Bose Rubber Casing Falling Apart

Quiet Contributor

Soundsport Bose Rubber Casing Falling Apart

Hello,

I bought a Soundsport earphone in July,2017. In first year rubber protectors on cable junctions moved along the cable. I did not mention it as it would have been my fault. This week rubber casing started to fall apart. I know it is out of the guaranteed period, I just hoped its being repaired with a cost, since the device is functioning. 

Local service in Turkey (Modern Elektronik) told me that it was not under guarantee and unfortunately there is no solution for that on their side. 

I can not imagine how Bose can not suggest an alternative way of fixing to their services. It seems the only way is replacing in case of its being in guarantee period. This also means that those products are useless after a while even if they are working properly. 

Please tell us something for this issue. Replacing should not be the one and only solution.

Hakan

Bose Rubber Fall Apart.jpgRubber is Falling Apart

10 REPLIES 10
Animated Arbiter

Re: Soundsport Bose Rubber Casing Falling Apart

I would put a dab of glue on the wire where the strain relief (protectors) is supposed to be positioned then slide the relief up the wire and let the glue set. It would be a simple fix you can do yourself. 

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for the answer but this part is the minor one, I don’t know what to do for the cover,I mean the rubber around the earpad.
Animated Arbiter

Sorry but I'm not clear with the photo or what you mean by the rubber around the ear pad.  I'm guessing you mean the rubber rim that surrounds the ear bud with the switches underneath? If so can it not be glued back on also or what exactly is wrong with it? Has it stretched, torn?. If I've misunderstood you perhaps another photo showing the part you're referring and the problem with it would help. I would certainly try doing a repair before giving up on them. 

Also, is the local service you took the earphones to a Bose Service center or a general electronics repair store? Either way it sounds like they don't have the part(s) to repair it.

Maybe one of the moderators can clarify who would be the Bose service center in your area.

@hakanbahadir wrote:
Thank you for the answer but this part is the minor one, I don’t know what to do for the cover,I mean the rubber around the earpad.

Hello hakanbahadir,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service options offered. Due to the manufacture of the headphones, it makes it difficult to fix them, instead, we offer an out of warranty replacement of the headphones. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hello Zoe,

"we offer an out of warranty replacement of the headphones"

Do you mean, customer buys a new product or your authorised service sells the new one with a special discount? Thanks.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Rubber Fall Apart2.jpgDetachment of rubber cover.

Hello Hakanbahadir, 

Thanks for your reply. 

In reference to Zoe's post, essentially, if a product experiences issues outside of the warranty period, Bose will offer a like-for-like replacement of the headphones. This is a brand new set of headphones, but the cost for replacement is less than the standard R.R.P of the headphones.

If we can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Jeff G

Wistful Whiz

I had the same problem some weeks ago with my soundsport wired - cover on the right ear started separating.  Superglue did not help.  Mine were about a year out of warrantee and the rep offered me a replacement for no cost.   The replacement came unusable - no click on the on/off and I had too push really hard to do something.  Sent those back and the replacements were a little hard to push but I can turn them on and off and kept them.  I can not tell you if my replacement decision was based on me or my being in the US or just the rep I happened to get.  So there is no guarantee you result could be the same.  Just wanted to let you know, my problem and resolution.  I am grateful to Bose for their kind offer of replacement.

Quiet Contributor

Hello Jeff,

According to your advice, I told to Modern Elektronik who is representing Bose products in Turkey. The responsible man told me that there was no "out of warranty replacement" process here. Isn't it a standard worldwide? Would you please tell me/to the local company what to do. This product is my favorite, I would have bought it again and again. Now I am suspicious because even a functional product may be out of order in couple of years.

Thanks a lot.

Hakan

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hello Hakanbahadir, 

Thanks for your reply. 

In reference to Zoe's post, essentially, if a product experiences issues outside of the warranty period, Bose will offer a like-for-like replacement of the headphones. This is a brand new set of headphones, but the cost for replacement is less than the standard R.R.P of the headphones.

If we can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Jeff G