Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Re: Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

Continued from last comments: BOSE is getting away with not fixing the issue because of people who are satisfied with a bad release of a product, and keep thinking they have found the mystery solution.  Sorry, no new suggestion has been posted for months - all are repeats of past failed attempts.  I have to admit I kept them because personally my goal was for my mobile phones (works fine on both my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Android).  However, the switching capability made me want to use it on my HP convertible laptop, but alas it only works for PC calls, not music - as that does not keep the profile or stereo headphone settings.  The procedure to keep deleting and reconnecting is ridiculous, and anyone who promotes that as a solution is wrong. It's like driving a car that you have to remove and reinstall the starter every time you turn off the car.  Stop giving BOSE an out.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

@rhfeldman23 wrote:

Continued from last comments: BOSE is getting away with not fixing the issue because of people who are satisfied with a bad release of a product, and keep thinking they have found the mystery solution.  Sorry, no new suggestion has been posted for months - all are repeats of past failed attempts.  I have to admit I kept them because personally my goal was for my mobile phones (works fine on both my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Android).  However, the switching capability made me want to use it on my HP convertible laptop, but alas it only works for PC calls, not music - as that does not keep the profile or stereo headphone settings.  The procedure to keep deleting and reconnecting is ridiculous, and anyone who promotes that as a solution is wrong. It's like driving a car that you have to remove and reinstall the starter every time you turn off the car.  Stop giving BOSE an out.

I keep QC35 at home or travelling, the SSF is used for late night sleep and occationally bring them to work to make telecall. The procedure to get it connect to the laptop for stereo is annoying, hopefully Bose get this sorted out soon, this is not a minor issue for many people. *MOD EDIT: In violation of Community Guidelines*

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

What is new with your solution. This is know solution from last one year. 

We need Bose to fix the issue that we dont have to repeat those steps everytime you takeout your earbuds from case. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2018

Just signed on to say that after 3+ hours over 4 different calls with BOSE tech support, the issue remains.  I've had my SSF less than a week.  They are going back to the vendor on Monday.  What a shame.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2018

Thank you!  Tried everything every other thing I found regarding this.  This worked!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

I have a Bose SoundBase Solo, Soundsport headphones, and now Soundsport Free headphones.
The only ones without issues are... none of them.

Solo unit needs to be power-cycled every few weeks even though it has all the latest updates (I can live with that).

Soundsport headphones disintegrated because after 1.5 years the rubber swelled and separated from the housing exposing the internals (No, I don't use them for "sport", just mild walking, and no I didn't sweat all over them).

Soundsport Free (purchased to replace the Soundsport that disintegrated)... well, I should have learned a lesson by know but I'm apparently a slow learner.
Stereo sound support showing for about 5 seconds in Windows, disappearing, then only hands-free voice being available. Occasional disconnects on iPhone.
This points towards being unable to maintain a connection (power-saving gone wrong?) and then not being able to re-establish it gracefully in Windows.

I was on to Bose support yesterday and was told that these are designed for use with mobile devices, not computers, that I have a compatibility issue etc.
I pointed them to these threads and was told to ignore what's in the forum.
Really? Is that what you think of your customers?
Should we use your Facebook page instead, do you pay more attention there?

If I wanted this type of answer, I would have bought €10 headphones, not "premium top-of-the-line" ones that cost A LOT in this country.

"You're using it wrong" is not an acceptable euphemism for "it has a design problem and we don't want to admit it".

These headphones are good enough sound quality to justify waiting for a fix, but only if one is coming and you tell us before we go elsewhere.

ALL of my audio kit is currently Bose but if you can't/won't fix this let me know so I can become a loyal customer of another company instead.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

The discription fixing the issues with connecting the bose sportsfree headphones as well as mono/stereo issues with the headphones worked perfectly.

Thanks Emad

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

Related to the post from ‎"04-25-2018 10:33 AM" --> first page!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi, @RubEma

I was so excited when my new Bose Soundsport earbuds arrived in the mail yesterday. But that excitement was quickly squashed when it appeared that they would only work with mobile devices (and the Bose Connect app). Of course, I went straight to Google, looking for a solution. My search led me all over the place, and I encountered many comments where people said it couldn't be done. And then I found your post. Of course, it's frustrating as all get-out that we have to go through all these gyrations just to get it to work, but at least we have a solution. 

I echo the sentiments of everyone else in this thread with my immense gratitude that you took the time and trouble to post the very detailed and easy-to-follow instructions for how to get the earbuds to work on a PC or laptop. You saved the day, and you are a hero! These headphones are the bee's knees, and I am happy, happy, happy now that I can use them on my PC. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! 

~Karen S in O'Fallon, MO 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018