Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

Audible Advocate

Re: Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

@JCK, You're welcome. I came back to the threads after discovering the solution because I know the pain of spending hours, days, and months hoping to do nothing more than use the product as intended. 

@Tony_G, I appreciate that you're honestly trying to help, but I can assure you that if someone has managed to find this post and scroll all the way to the most recent comments, they are well beyond generic tips about how to connect a bluetooth audio device to Windows 10. 

I also appreciate that your comment was the first I've seen in this thread (and many similar threads on the Bose website) where Bose has actually acknowleged that it's product has a defective issue. The problem is clearly not with Windows 10 as my Bose QC35ii headphones and other Bose products (I love Bose!) work flawlessly on Windows 10 (using the same Windows A2DP driver, I might add). This is a very complicated, deep, frustrating issue very specific to the Bose Soundsport Free product. Please appreciate that directing frustrated users to generic advice can come across as Bose denying that there is a real issue with their product (that generic advice won't solve).

In your spirit of trying to help the best you can, I trust that you ensure that my solution gets the attention of your engineering department. This is obviously a very complicated issue to fix as there have been a number of firmware updates over years without this issue being addressed. Perhaps there is something in this solution that helps pinpoint the problem.

I will add that this is not a one time fix. Everytime I want to use my Bose Soundsport Free headphones on my Windows 10 PC, this process has to be repeated. A real fix by your engeering department would be a huge relief to all of us.

Ron

Quiet Contributor

I am having same issue connecting but on a Window Surface Pro.  Has anyone experienced or solved this issue. 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for this information.  I have spoken to a Windows store, a Bose store and an IT guy and they all have technical ways to do it... your information took seconds and saved me annoyance... greatly appreciated.

Wistful Whisperer

This works for me. First, before you take your buds out of the box turn OFF the Bluetooth on your tablet. Then take the buds out of the case and listen for a beep in the left ear. This is the left connecting to the right. You should now hear something like "ready to pair". Now switch ON the Bluetooth on your device. Voilà

Hi ,

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this post. We love to see the community members helping each other. @rongoode, I can assure you that our engineers are aware of everything mentioned in this post. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Ok guys, Bose have totally fixed this.
I bought new HP Omen and connected after around 15 mins.

Update to latest Soundsport drivers.

Remove all previous install attempts from your PC.

No need to erase headset device list.

Search for bluetooth devices while buds in charging mode.

Look for the LE-reserved_c connection.

Do this first.

After search bluetooth device again then select Bose Soundsport free.

Voila works perfectly.

That is all

Your Welcome. Xxx
Wistful Whisperer

No, it did not fix anything. The sound is still delayed, and the left bud still drops out. So, voila, NO!
I have a Dell XPS and it hasn’t worked in the two years I have had them. I have followed every suggestion here. I also have Dell Latitude and could not even get it to pair.
What I might ask, is what is HP using in there Bluetooth drivers or connection protocol that may help resolve this, and can it be patched to other computers @Tony_G.

@reghar wrote:
Ok guys, Bose have totally fixed this.
I bought new HP Omen and connected after around 15 mins.

Update to latest Soundsport drivers.

Remove all previous install attempts from your PC.

No need to erase headset device list.

Search for bluetooth devices while buds in charging mode.

Look for the LE-reserved_c connection.

Do this first.

After search bluetooth device again then select Bose Soundsport free.

Voila works perfectly.

That is all

Your Welcome. Xxx

t be patched to other computers @Tony_G  

Hello Toviatt, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear that the recommended steps have not worked for your headphones. 

If you are still having issues I would recommend that you contact our technical support team who can assist you further. 
For their contact information please click Here. Select your region and scroll to the bottom of the page and Click on "Contact Us"

Hope this helps. 

All the best 
Liam G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Omen HP i7 - 8750H CPU @2.20 GHZ

Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 v20.60.0.4

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator v10.0.17134.471

Microsoft LE Bluetooth Enumerator v10.0.17134.1

Still working fine for me and I have rebooted computer as well. Only issue is i have to re-pair with my Samsung 8+ after using. I had the drop out issue with the Samsung when I first got them but been fine since the recent update.

What bluetooth versions are your rigs using ? For interest i tried it on my wifes HP envy running bluetooth 3.0 and it failed as yours do. Have you tried running the bose app through bluestacks and syncing them that way ?

BK.
Quiet Contributor

still huge delay at windows10 *(AVDTP1.2)