RubEma
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

Hi Every one,

I will go straight with this one. I am like lots of the Soundsport free owners who has a problems and hard time to connect their earbuds with their computers/laptops.

I tried all the options available in this forum and everywhere else in the internet, but I was unlucky to find the proper solution and couldn’t manage to connect my buds to my Alienware m18x or my custom build computer (Asus Rampage V10 Mother Board).

Here is what it works with me:

My setup:

• Windows 10 PRO 64bit (Ver. 1709 – OS Build 16299.371)
  • Bose Soundsport free – Blue Color (January 2018 Release – March Firmware)
  • Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth (Bcbtums – 07/14/2015 – Ver. 12.0.1.659)

The Steps:

1- FROM YOUR COMPUTER/LAPTOP:

• Be sure that your buds are switch off or keep them in their charger box.
  • Go to Bluetooth menu, buy press the Right click over the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and choose (Open setting).
  • Check under the Audio section if you can see your buds. Remove the device (Bose soundsport free/ or whatever you name it) which paired with your computer.
  • From the device manager, remove any things related to the Bose soundsport free buds. If you tried to connect your buds to your computer you should see 1 or 2 drivers under Bluetooth section. Uninstall it. Please note, that if you rename your buds in the BOSE CONNECT APP, you should see the drivers under that name. You also may not see any drivers since your already delete the paired buds from the Bluetooth menu.

2- FROM YOUR SMART DEVICE:

• You need to make sure that your buds are connected successfully to your smart device. Also, double check that BOSE connect app can find your buds.
  • If you have trouble connecting your buds to your smart device, try to remove the buds from the Bluetooth menu (Forget this device in IOS).
  • Make sure bose connect app is killed from the background.
  • Make sure your smart device Bluetooth is switch on.
  • Your buds should be in their charging box at this point.
  • Open bose connect app, then take out your buds from their charging box.
  • Drag down to connect, select your buds from the menu (Select an accessory). Your buds should be connected successfully to your smart device.
  • Press over the GEAR on the top right of bose connect app.
  • Press over connection.
  • You will see you buds in the top. Switch of you buds and confirm the disconnect.
  • Close and Kill bose connect app.
  • On your left bud, press 10 second until you hear the sound (Bluetooth devices cleared).

3- Back to your computer/laptop:

• Repeat the second step from number 1 step.
  • Click over the + (Add Bluetooth or other device).
  • Choose the kind of your device, you should press over Bluetooth.
  • Wait until you see your bose soundsport buds under the list. Then select it.
  • Wait for a minute until Windows finish downloading/installing the necessary drivers.
  • You can see now under the Bluetooth menu in the audio section, that you bose soundsport free is connected to your computer under the description (Connected Voice, Music).

Congratulation!!!

Your Bose soundsports free buds are connected 100% with no issue to your computer/laptop.

Don’t forget to increase the volume up, since after these steps the sound will be at 50%.

Please Note:

If you lose the connection between your buds and computer/laptop, you need to repeat each and every step above. Also (But I didn’t try it yet) you need to repeat all those steps even if you connect your buds to your smart device.

Also, don’t forget to remove the old connection always from your smart device Bluetooth menu, if you find troubles to connect it to bose connect app. (Check the second step from number 2 step).

If you have any other problems I will be more than happy to help as much as I know. I spend more than 3 days trying to figure this out, even BOSE them self they don’t know this solution.

Best,

Emad

169 REPLIES 169
Noufil
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Re: Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

hey @RubEma

first of all thank you so much for taking the time and effort to compile  a step by step guide. however what good are 250 $ buds, if someone has to repeat these steps evertime they want to use the ssf. 

also they just go back to handsfree even if you dont disconnect sometimes. 

i hope bose can come up with a permanent solution to this rather than a tedious process to connect them with windows.

RubEma
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

@Noufilwrote:

hey @RubEma

first of all thank you so much for taking the time and effort to compile  a step by step guide. however what good are 250 $ buds, if someone has to repeat these steps evertime they want to use the ssf. 

also they just go back to handsfree even if you dont disconnect sometimes. 

i hope bose can come up with a permanent solution to this rather than a tedious process to connect them with windows.

I agree with you hunderd times.

But after i bought this buds and tried it, i really couldin't gowing back to any other brands, in term of sound quality.

DennisVietnam
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

Do it exactly it works for me 100% of a time (take less than 1min):
For those who have not yet known how to stereo connect SSF with Windows 10:

Note the goal of step 1 and 2 is to make the 2 earbuds light turn blue (meaning no device is found by SSF)

Step 1: You need to turn off bluetooth function of devices other than windows 10 computer (you dont need to remove SSF connection in them, just turn bluetooth of device such as cellphone off) and remove device (of the SSF) in Windows 10 setting!!!.
Step 2: put the SSF into the charging case and then pull them out. It will flash the white light first to search for device, when no device are found it will turn blue light (take about 10 seconds)
Step 3: Go to your Win10 setting and add the SSF via bluetooth normally. It will have both stereo and headset option for you. Pick the stereo option to use 2 earbuds.
dcime
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 5, 2018

THank you Dennis. You definately saved the planet with this one! SSF work perfectly on my SP4.

marsie84
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2018

I signed up to this forum specifically to thank you 🙂 
If anyone else is wondering (I've got a lot BT devices around me). Looks for the ready to pair headphones.

Kingy1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Hey I’ve tried all the steps for IOS and it’s not coming up on any device list . I had them on there and then they dissapeared . Around. About the time I got the app. Any trouble shooting help points?

Hi Kingy1,

Thanks for posting. Could I ask a few questions?

• What device are you having issues with? Eg Mac/iPhone?
  • Did you make any changes before it started working? Updates, etc?
  • Do the headphones work on any other device?

Sorry for all the questions, it just helps in troubleshooting.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

rhfeldman23
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

HI,

I  logged into this message just to say how unacceptable this suggested solution is.  These are the kinds of responses and posts that apparently allow BOSE to lie to themselves and think the problem is not a problem or not worth fixing.  I bought the SSF last year and there are pages and pages of failed solutions, this one is no different.  There have been several BOSE firmware updates and no change to date.  I have a new laptop with all the updated bluetooth, and it works flawless with every other BT headset, including other BOSE devices.  Hate to say it, but I think its a hardware problem and they can't fix it until they sell a new version.  They don't want to have to factory replace all the ones sold (BOSE offered to replace mine, and I will hold that until they actually work).  I worked with BOSE tech support on the issue and they know its their problem.  However, there are BOSE management that have suggested they are not designed for the PC, but for mobile phones, and the device does not say windows compatible, so its not a problem and no need to fix it.  I even posted that response from BOSE tech support.  Maybe if everyone stopped giving them a pass, they might actually fix or admit they blew it with Windows.  They are getting away with it becasue of people who are satisfied with a bad release of a product.  I have to admit I kept them because personally my goal was for my mobile phones (works fine on both my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Android).  However, the switching capability made me want to use it on my HP convertible laptop, but alas it only works for PC calls, not music - as that does not keep the profile or stereo headphone settings.  The procedure to keep deleting and reconnecting is ridiculous, and anyone who promotes that as a solution is wrong. It's like driving a car that you have to remove and reinstall the starter every time you turn off the car.  Stop giving BOSE an out.

rhfeldman23
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I  logged into this message just to say how unacceptable this suggested solution is.  These are the kinds of responses and posts that apparently allow BOSE to lie to themselves and think the problem is not a problem or not worth fixing.  I bought the SSF last year and there are pages and pages of failed solutions, this one is no different.  There have been several BOSE firmware updates and no change to date.  I have a new laptop with all the updated bluetooth, and it works flawless with every other BT headset, including other BOSE devices.  Hate to say it, but I think its a hardware problem and they can't fix it until they sell a new version.  They don't want to have to factory replace all the ones sold (BOSE offered to replace mine, and I will hold that until they actually work).  I worked with BOSE tech support on the issue and they know its their problem.  However, there are BOSE management that have suggested they are not designed for the PC, but for mobile phones, and the device does not say windows compatible, so its not a problem and no need to fix it.  I even posted that response from BOSE tech support.  Maybe if everyone stopped giving them a pass, they might actually fix or admit they blew it with Windows.