Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

Re: Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

Bose Enthusiasts!!

Love this thread as it has been a big pinpoint for the SSFs which are awesome when it comes to sound but have the trouble connecting in Stereo mode, and we are having to cycle through the steps, especially with a laptop, as someone rightfully mentioned, after having spent $250 a pop. I was even pained with the answer by the Bose support personnel at the time amounting to "That's what it is, can't help it" instead of "we should have done better testing of this product and its firmware before we released it".

After all, I understand one bud activated when on phone as a wonderful safety feature but I don't think I am driving around with a laptop connected to my SSF buds unless maybe I am a cop in a patrol car, which I doubt I will still be doing even if I were!!

While this is the situation, Bose has released a new SSF firmware update v2.8.0 (in Dec 2019) which I did not know till now.

I am downloading it as we speak. It takes a long time. And you would have to do it via your smartphone and Bose Connect App, which we generally tend to miss as we usually connect directly via Bluetooth and launch other audio apps.

Again, caution: It is a pretty long update. Must be having some serious fixes. You have to basically keep touching your screen from timing out/locking out till it says "Ready to Update", and then can click on that. Or else the update download ("preparation") does not happen properly. It would help to:

1. Start with a full battery charge on both your phone and the buds. 

2. Try to set your phone screen-lock/off in the most delayed setting as possible.

3. Set your auto-disconnect/standby timer for the SSF to the highest delay setting as possible.  

3. Keep listening to something on your buds while connected to your phone all this time, just to ensure the connection between the phone and SSF does not sleep or get disturbed.

https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/SoundSport-Free-Firmware-Update-2-8-0-December-4-201... is the link.

Hopefully that fixes this bug!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Guys i solve. Turn off handsfree in services of bose bluetooth seetings and turn on avcrp or some thing like that, in services too. Then appears in audio devices hands free and audio render device. This last one ist correct. Connect, up the volume since bose and all solve. Sorry for my english.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Has anyone at Bose actually fixed this issue with the Soundsport Free earbuds and Windows 10?  I tried updating the firmware with their updater app and it doesn't do anything.  At this point, they work wonderfully with my phone, but when I pair with my Surface Book, they suck.  They lag, every minute or so they hiccup and screw up the music, is there a fix for this???  I can't believe I paid as much as I did for these and they don't work with WINDOWS.  What's up????

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

hey @RubEma 

This is awesome effort from you and crack this even when Bose doesn't know this themselves. They should hire you:) 

It did work for me, however, doing this procedure every time is such a pain. I might actually sell my Bose SSF and get something else. What a waste of time and money.

Aside, what other brand/model do you suggest to get over this issue of reconnecting/repairing every time with Win10. I use my earbuds a lot for my call in my laptop, just FYI. 

Cheers! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

This 'fix' did not work for me at all and I followed it step-by-step.  When I first got these wireless earbuds they worked with my PC, but they suddenly stopped working with it and I have not been able to get them to work since for weeks and weeks.  I am so frustrated, I wish I could return them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

SoundSport Free Earbuds pair but won't connect to Windows 10 laptop

My SoundSport Free earbuds pair to my Windows 10 laptop, but they will not connect,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Hi there,
I followed your steps exactly but my Bose Free SoundSport still came up under 'Other Devices' on my laptop, not under Audio. I've read a few of the replies. Is this because they don't pair properly with Windows? If so, that sucks.