Toony
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Soundsport Free - Bose Connect - EQ and Bass adjustment

I was wondering since people have been asking for an EQ in the bose connect app for a few years now could we get an ETA on when this might be added?

For my liking out of the box these soundsport free earbuds are just not tuned right the bass is way over tuned and everything else just sounds flat, rather disapointed in the default settings and lack of configuration for what they cost to be honest.

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundsport Free - Bose Connect - EQ and Bass adjustment

Hello Toony, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

We do not have any information to pass on to you regarding this matter. The inclusion of an EQ feature in the Bose Connect app has been forwarded to our development team as a feature request. This does not guarantee that is will be added, just simply considered. 

I am sorry that the SoundSport Free wireless headphones have not met your expectations in this area. I would recommend that you check out in any app EQ settings of any sources you are using. For example, Spotify has an equalizer and preset options to select such as "Bass Reducer" which may interest you. 

Get back to me if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stuart Blyth
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

I have just purchased the Bose Sport Earbuds and disappointed is an understatement there is way too much Bass and considering that 80% of music is in the mid-range this excessive bass drowns out most of the music.

MonikaL
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Same here. Just bought today the last sport earbuds since my previous one isn't working properly. I was convinced that by now Bose would have fixed the bass problem, but not only the music app still doesn't have an equalizer adjuster, as the earbuds have very few controls. Also my Bose sound link doesn't connect to the music app and it looks like only a few of their products are available to connect to the app. I am wondering why it could be. 

I was a little disappointed with the product and for what they improved from previous models it shouldn't cost that much more. 

musicman21
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Update?

Any update on this? The sound out of these headphones is pretty bad out of the box for the price point. I am a sound engineer by trade and am hoping that the EQ delivered by the headphones can be improved. It would be a simple fix to provide some EQ adjustment in the otherwise dissapointing Bose connect app. All it would take is the enthusiasm to do so, and thereby respond to your clients requests, as listed multiple times here and across the internet.

Hynzie
Participant
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

Would just like to add my big thumbs up to the EQ request.

I just opened up the box and couldn't believe how mistuned these earbuds are for a high-end company like Bose... virtually every other major manufacturer includes and EQ option - why Bose doesn't is completely and utterly baffling.  

Most music services (Apple, etc.) don't have a player EQ - not acceptable to think that would be the beset answer.

caleb818
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2021

Hey Bose Mod,

It's been a few years, has there been an update?

I really love these Soundsports but I'd really like to change the EQ on these.