Soundsport Free Cutting Between Ears

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundsport Free Cutting Between Ears

I just got the Soundsport Free wireless earbuds and I set them up and uploaded the newest firmware from the Bose Connect app on my Motorola Turbo Maxx 2 smartphone. However, when I try to play anything, the sound rapidly (at least once a second) switches between the two earbuds, never playing from both at the same time. It's super annoying and I can't find anything online about somebody else having the same issue. I tested audio from Spotify, YouTube, and Snapchat and it all did that. Is it just that my pair is faulty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundsport Free Cutting Between Ears

Hey there!

Welcome to the community and thank you so much for reaching out!  I can absolutely understand how that could be annoying - I'd like to suggest that you reach out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us". Support will be able to give you more information on what your next steps will be.

please feel free to keep me posted, I'd love to hear how it's going.

Have a wonderful holiday season and take care,

Shiloh_C 

5 REPLIES

Re: Soundsport Free Cutting Between Ears

Hey there!

Welcome to the community and thank you so much for reaching out!  I can absolutely understand how that could be annoying - I'd like to suggest that you reach out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us". Support will be able to give you more information on what your next steps will be.

please feel free to keep me posted, I'd love to hear how it's going.

Have a wonderful holiday season and take care,

Shiloh_C 

Quiet Contributor

Soundsport Free Sound Cutting Out

I recently bouth the Soundsport Free headphones to use for work and the gym.  They worked perfectly at work, and no issues with connecting to my Windows 10 laptop after researching how.  Then I went to the gym, I couldn't walk through the weight floor without the sound cutting constantly. Sometimes it would be the left earbud only, and other times both would cut.  It was like hearing everyother word in a song at times.

I love the sound out of this headset, but I don't know if I can justify this costly of a purchase when the sound cuts as much as it does for half of the reason I bought them for.

Please let me know how this can be fixed. I would like to keep them, but don't know if I can if this persists. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 while at the gym.

Re: Soundsport Free Sound Cutting Out

Hey Ramur,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry for the trouble you're having. Many times audio can cut out when there is interference from nearby between the source device and headphones. Does this only occur at the gym? 

Please try refreshing your Bluetooth connection by removing the headphones from your phone and clearing the Bluetooth paired list from the headphones ( Press and hold the power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds). 

Try closing out any other apps you may have been running in the background of your phone. Try to re-pair the headphones and re-launch the music app to see if that helps. 

Let us know when you get the chance. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin 

Quiet Contributor

I've re-paired the headset, and I've seen a slight improvement, although the left ear bud cuts outs every now and again.  I guess the full wireless technology still has its limitations on the capability for seamless audio.

Hey Ramur,

Thanks for the update and for trying that. We appreciate the feedback. If you continue to have trouble with them, please feel free to contact our service team in your region who can provide further assistance. Contact info can be found here if you need it. 

Thanks again and have a great day!

Mohsin