Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Soundsport Free Disconnecting after trying to play music

Hi,

recently i bought a pair of SoundSport Free headphones. Until today, they were very good and easy to use. Unfortunetly, now I have a problem to stream music from my phone. After i connect them, when i hit play button on whatever music app (Spotify, bandcamp, youtube etc) it lags for a second and then the headphones are not avaible anymore.

I've already:

- restarted my phone

- tried to connect it to another device

- cleared device list (10 sec hold on the button)

Any other thougts? 

btw. BT calling is working, so the problem appears only with music streaming 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free Disconnecting after trying to play music

Author Accepted Answer selected by MacP

Thanks for giving this all a go. 

Let's try power cycling the product. Let your headphones battery completely deplete then continue to provide a full charge. 

I hope this helps. Do get back to us if this persists!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi MacP,

This is very bizarre and I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience. 

Do the headphones power off or do they just disconnect?

Let's also check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

They just dont stream music and are not avaible in Spotify menu. Although they still are shown on BT list as connected and can be used for BT calling. 

Highlighted

What occurred when you connected your headphones to an alternate device? Can you confirm the devices you have attempted connecting to?

Have you attempted the above suggested firmware update?

Do let us know. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Firmware seems up to date (2.8.0, checked on Bose connect app). The problem appears on iPhone 8. I tried to pair with Galaxy A7 - the same happens (you can make a call, but when i tried to play YouTube video, the sound dissapears and stops the video; after playing it again, the sound comes from the builtin speaker). I've also connected the headphones to a laptop (win10) and the music streaming works, but the sound is terrible and its more like a call connection, not music streaming. 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this. 

Are you connecting to your mobile devices via the Bose Connect app or straight to your device Bluetooth settings?

If you have not tried both types of connections, please try these to see if you get any improvements. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

tried both ways already 😞 

Highlighted

That is very bizarre. 

You stated that this recently started happening, were these same music services working perfectly fine till recently?

Have you tried removing the headphones from your iPhone 8 Bluetooth pairing list and rebooting the device?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

yep, today morning everything worked fine

already tried to reboot the phone and cleared the headset from BT device list on the phone 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by MacP

Thanks for giving this all a go. 

Let's try power cycling the product. Let your headphones battery completely deplete then continue to provide a full charge. 

I hope this helps. Do get back to us if this persists!

View solution in original post