Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PepsiTwist73
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

@AndySyllian It works for me. Thanks so much for the tip. I had the exactly same issues and have been frustrated for a few weeks already. I just did not want to give up. Thanks to you, it seems to be a way to make it work on Windows 10.

Bose Support Team is disappointing...  

dsawyer811
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

@AndySyllian,

I tried your steps and they do work, however, you have to keep removing the device and reestablishing the pairing after disconnections have occurred.  This is unacceptable and not the way Bluetooth should be implemented.  I really like the headphones but I think it's time to call it quits and ask for a refund.  Although the SSFs work fine with my phone, it's only 50% of what I use them for and this is a lot of money for 50% functionality.

dsawyer811
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Here's some more event viewer information, in case it may be useful.

When when simply reconnecting after disconnecting.  Device already paired previously:

Captured error when reconnecting.PNG

This appears when removing the SSF device:

Captured error when disconnecting SSF.PNG

This is what's display in the event viewer when pairing the SSF headphones:

Captured error when pairing to Bt.PNG

As an aside, I did contact Bose for a refund and was denied, they said I need to go back to the merchant and ask for a refund there.  The customer support person I talked to did say however, that they are still working on the "innovation" and are trying to resolve this problem as quickly as possible.

rhfeldman23
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

Look Shiloh_C and all BOSE,

Don't play the old multiple operating systems and hardware card.  That is foolish.  I'm not even going to go into how inexperienced that reply is.  Just own up to the fact that BOSE is not supplying the correct or any driver specific to its device, the Soundsport Free, and needs to correct this.  Second, take a lesson from Plantronics and how about a Windows app to control the device, like the app for Android and IOS?  How can you not prep and test Windows 10?  The hardware is what I waited for, having had the original bose bluetooth single ear unit that was spot on (Oh, that had a BOSE windows app to control and update the device), and even that had better audio with one earpiece?  Fix the drivers, fix the sync between the two earpieces, and that's what we expect from Bose.  It should support pairing to multiple devices and allow the profiles to be automatic, just like on my Samsung phone, that works ok with intial tests.  If it turns out to be hardware of you device, own up to it so we can get a replacement (perhaps you were too quick to get to market due to the timing).

Oh, and if you are checking, I have a brand new HP Spectre X360, Windows 10 64, and all the other bose products and Plantronics bluetooth work just fine.  I'll wait a bit longer for a driver update and hope you get this right before I have to return the device too.

Airswitch
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Same issue.  I have the Bose Soundsport Free. - Purchased 2 weeks ago.  "THANK YOU BOSE for the Free......"

I have been looking for Bose to have a truely wireless dual headset for years (I had/have the bluetooth 1 pc unit that was discontinued - and was looked at funny, when I asked if I could buy two and pair them both concurrently with my phone for "Stereo Sound"... *walking away from electronics store thinking the sales person was a freaking idiot*)..........

I IMMEDIATELY purchased this set when I found them online.

You cannot imagine my joy.....like a giddy child on Christmas Morning......  "Thank you 6 inch baby Jesus"...... you have NO idea....

I have had some issue with the left ear falling out of connection with the right, when connected to either my iphone 6s Plus or Galaxy S7 android (I use both concurrently "Personal" and "Business"....ahem...they tend to mix...). 

The disconnection happens when outside, or when I do not use the paired phone in any way for say 30 minutes.  One tap to the Left module button and I am back in business.

That said, my PC running windows 10 with Bluetooth connectivity, "fakes out" like it wants to send the bluetooth music signal to the Bose Free, then immediately changes its setting to "voice" only.  SO I am left to stream music from either of my phones, since they both work perfectly with the Bose..  

New drivers compatible with windows 10 would be great.  THEN,  PLEASE DO NOT discontinue the Free. EVER.  I repeat, EVER. Please only make it yet better for the little nit-picks mentioned above.  There is no complaint, other than the windows 10 issue.  Please send your Bose Wireless Sound Technicians into the Fab with their probe, headphone, and other mobile programming gear to have a hackathon and solve said issue....... I will forwever be your humble purchaser of Bose Wireless Sound Products, flaunting the product SHAMELESSLY yet OBVIOUSLY, in Seattle (tech central) from hereforth and forever..... "Take THAT unmentioned Seattle Tech companies (5)........"

YupItsKevin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

To Shiloh_C and BOSE,

I'm having the same exact issue as everyone here.  The previous posters nailed a very accurate description in saying it connects only to voice and not sound.  I have the new Free Soundsport headphones (firmware updated) and a Surface Book pro laptop with Windows 10 (fully updated drivers).  I also own the previous version of the Soundsport headphones that are bluetooth (but connected together), those connect to both VOICE and SOUND and work great.  The Free Soundsports only connect to voice and provide a low-def audible experience in just my right headphone.  They work okay with my andriod phone/iphone/ipad (aside from a half second delay that I'd be willing to overlook for arguments sake).  These might be the first Bose headphones I ever return...

After reading through the whole thread and seeing that the final post from Bose is pushing the blame to Microsoft as an operating system issue, I'm just disapointed.  You represent the entire company when posting replies to posts like this.  You've been exchanging posts with someone who clearly knows their stuff, might be wise to read your audience and not waste everyones time.  You mine as well write, "I'm just waiting for a magic firmware update to be released to fix it".  Or just blame it on Aliens.

In an effort to help.  I've included two screenshots.  The first is my sound options when the Soundsports are connected.  The second is when the Soundsport Free's are connected.  You can see there is only one available and it's a headset when the Free's are connected.  The headphones always show as disconnected.

SoundSport.JPGSoundSportFree.JPG

I ask that Bose adknowledges that this is a currently unsolvable issue that we are waiting on a firmware update from YOUR END to solve.  In addition, perhaps a status update on a fix?  I'm giving this two weeks before I return them.

Looking forward to your response!

Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

I am having same problem. 

Windows 10 and only can hear sound in one side.

bose-connect.png

I tried all the tips in the forum, but still not get stereo audio in Windows10. 

jaybird x2 have no problem and connect in all my devices without problem.

a 250$ headphone with such bug...... i will think twice before buy again products from BOSE.......

is there is someone who fix this problem please let me know.

Brigus
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Same issue; Windows 10 and only one ear works.

I might live with that and use only on my iPhone but the constant left ear connection drop coupled with the new-found problem of complete shutdown in recent spate of frigid weather has me me retuning mine tomorrow.  The silence from Bose is deafening.

GamesChess
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Just going to throw my 2 cents in here as well...
I have the same issue... I tried a different bluetooth adapter and it has the same issue... If I reconnect multiple times sometimes it will work, but I have to fiddle with it for hours. Once I walk away and it reconnect the issue returns.

The system it turning off the stereo portion which is what makes it come out of both ears. When I connect it it shows both, but when any music plays I hear a crackle then it shuts off the stereo and only plays out of the right ear...

I have a support ticket open and they recommended I get a new set... since I have the Best Buy protection plan I got a new pair.... the issue is exactly the same... this is definately something on Bose's end that needs to be fixed. I will post updates here as well if I hear anything from the support ticket.

I love Bose products but this has been a real let down and I hope it gets acknowledged and fixed soon.

Edit: I also have the Quiet Comfort 35's and they work without any issues with either bluetooth adapter.

Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Dear @GamesChess sorry to ask but where did you open the ticket??.

Maybe if everyone open a ticket in reference to this issue BOSE support team do something. I'm pretty sure this happens due audio drivers compatibility...