Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GamesChess
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

https://www.bose.com/en_us/contact_us.html
I sent an email and they have been in contact with me...
The last email said this is an isolated case and to call tech support. I'm responding to his email now.

rhfeldman23
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I opened a ticket with Bose and went through all of the efforts to correct.  No success.  There is no way this is isolated with all of the posters, unless its a bad lot of the device.  Bose has offered to replace my unit if I send it to them first.  Then 2-3 weeks to replace.  This is hardly customer friendly, and likely not a solution.  I will be going to the Bose store to see if they have another pair and to prove its not just my device.  Works fine with Apple and Android, although I think the sync between the devices coudl use improvement.  Other feedback and experiences welcome.  If anyone on the thread has solved this by replacing the hardware or any method, please note it.  I do not ready any solved for Windows 10 yet.

The only thing I have not done is speak on the phone to Bose and work through with their tech.  If anyone has, please let us know your experience.

GamesChess
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

@rhfeldman23
I had replaced the hardware, (best buy protection plan) and I had the issue on both headsets. I do have the quietcomfort 35's and they do not have this issue. I also tried 2 different bluetooth adapters for my PC. The problem is they are designed to only play out of the right ear if they are being used for voice/microphone... when the PC picks it up it connects it to voice and disables stereo (music/audio) I think the only real solution is for them to fix their drivers or maybe as a temporary solution disable the microphone/voice compatability. (just my hunch though)

Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

After try for around 1 hour disconect, connect remove device, add again and soo on.... I could hear in both side,however if i change the device or i add a new device again only 1 side and the stereo drive in the volume list is disconnect...

i will try to check how much time take do same thing to make it work again. but is a nightmare remove, add, disconnect, connect only to get aundio in both sides...

Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

@GamesChess

Maybe i am wrong but seems to be working if you do as follow:

1- clear device list (press pair button for around 10 seconds )

2- Put headphone in case

3- Pickup from the case

4.- Delete Bose from windows List device  Bluetooth 

5.- Enable bluetooth and add Bose

6.- it will pair and connect. play music and you will got sound in both ears.

after that you can add more device. 

rhfeldman23
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

The real issue is we have a range of instability with the device on windows, and neither replacing the device or making software setting changes on windows, corrects the problem.  All corrections appear to be temporary, and revert to errors. We need Bose to determine and communicate if they can repeat the error on their end, or not?  I expect a firmware or software update (hope its not a total hardware update - unlikely).

If anyone has another other experinece, thanks for sharing.

GamesChess
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

@Cronch240
Well I followed your steps exactly and it seems to be working.. (I have had these work a couple times) Now i'm curious if you restart your computer will it still be working or do you have to follow all the steps again? Previously when I got these working.. left and came back they would be back to 1 ear again....
Will keep everyone posted.
Thanks

GamesChess
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

Came back from lunch.... headset was playing out of 1 ear again... followed @Cronch240's steps and it repaired fine... just a hastle to do this every time I step away and come back

Cronch240
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Yes, do everytime the steps is not a solution, maybe if Bose make a Drivers in order to install it in windows we can solve the poblem or as said @rhfeldman23 bose should release a new finware that solved the problem.

Also did someone note that BOSE have a delay of 1 second of the sound  while play videos(anroid/iphone/Mac/windows) or is only me.

starkgw2
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Nothing seems to work as a permanent solution. I can try all I want to disconnect, reconnect, uninstall, reinstall, restart my computer. Nothing works permanetly. 

I use a Lenovo Yoga 720 with Windows 10 (64 bit). My iphone and ipad all sync effortlessly and have no issue with one side going out. 

Video playback is another issue. The lag makes watching videos a chore. I find myself using my old apple earpods to watch videos.

The sound quality of these headphones are topnotch and they are very comfortable and stable in my ear. But for $280 dollars, I'd expect perfection or at the very least the engineers at Bose to acknowledge the problem and begin working on a patch. 

I own several Bose devices and I've recommended their products to many friends and family over the competition. Now my coworkers are asking about my soundsport frees... what should I tell them? 

Bose, please fix this in a timely fashion. I have two weeks left on my Bestbuy return policy. I will also leave a long, lengthy review on bestbuy.com, amazon.com, and any other vendor site who sells your products.