Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

I sent an e-mail to Bose Support team and if i get an answer i will let you know all.

its drive me crazy how this headphone have a great sound but a lame bug as peair issue and delay in play videos.!!..

Also I went to the store because i wish to buy 2 Bose Revolve Plus, in order to pair in stereo mode and can have both in my home, however when i try to pair both in the store to my iphone8 i didnt work!!!.

I am really concerned in spent around 600$ (74000 yen). in 2 Speaker that willl have problems as the headphone about the pair, delay, comptibility, etc etc.

If someone have experience with the Bose revolver plus let me know. and i hope Bose update something in reference to this issues.

Regards

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

Worked for me. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

FYI - Bose told me the Sounsport Free is not intended to be used with Windows!  Feel free to respond:

"As of now, the update won't guarantee that it will address your concern, the headphones you have is something that is mainly for people who are using the headphones on the go and not for computers. I believe that we provided the troubleshooting steps you need. There is no problem with the headphones, the purpose of this product is to deliver a high-quality audio experience for workouts and that is how the product got its name SoundSport, we sold them for Sports and not for Computers.   

Anything about Windows 10 or HP hardware incompatibility is not an existing issue, rather, it is not really relevant to give more focus on. Regardless how many times that headphones will be replaced or updated, the result would still be the same. There is no hardware failure or a need to upgrade at all on our SoundSport headphones, you don't even have to wait for future fix as well. Additionally, we are not going to offer anything for the users for any upgrade because we know it works perfectly. If the headphones are still within its 30 days from the date of purchase, you may return it for full refund from where you bought it if it is not something you need.

If you need further assistance with troubleshooting, you may call our Product Support Team at 1800-367-4008 Monday-Friday 9am - 9pm EST and Saturday 9am-7pm as email would not be the best platform to address this type of concern. We strongly recommend you to call instead.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Alex
Product and Technical Support Team
-------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

Moderator's note: 

This post has been edited. The content located here has been previously posted and discussed here. Please refer to this thread for details of that conversation. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Unfortunately, some of us have had these for longer than 30 days or even 60 days, hoping and waiting to see if there was going to be a fix.  If Bose had come out and said that these were "For sport and not for computers" I would have returned them right away.  I don't do sports.  I'll have to speak with my merchant as soon as I can to see if I can get an exchange for some that's more computer friendly.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

On Amazon product Q&A page, a Bose representative clearly indicated that Soundsport Free can be connected to Bluetooth enabled "computers."  Now look at what we have here:

Thank you for your inquiry. The SoundSport Free wireless headphones can be connected to any device that allows Bluetooth audio streaming, including Bluetooth-enabled computers. We’ve heard from some customers who are experiencing audio synchronization delays while watching videos. We know truly wireless headphones are subject to some latency between audio and video, but the feedback we’ve received indicates that the product is not performing as expected. 

Our engineers have identified the cause for this issue and are currently working on a software update that will be made available to customers by mid-December. This update will substantially improve audio video synchronization for those using Bluetooth devices that fully support Audio Video Distribution Transport Protocol (AVDTP) version 1.3 or later. We have confirmed Apple iPhones and iPads use this protocol and we are currently evaluating other popular Bluetooth devices. 

We’ll provide an update to you as soon as it’s ready. You may follow us on Twitter via @BoseService for updates. see less 

By Bose MANUFACTURER  on November 22, 2017

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

That response from Bose is a bunch of BS. The ear buds where advertised as being able work with other bluetooth devices and there was no specific specification that they would not work with windows. Additionally there was no specific metion of they are for listening to music only. Any change in bose stance from the orginal adertised use is false advertisment and we should all be refunded our orginal purchase direclty from Bose.

The fact is this prodcut is broken and Bose needs to fix it, it does not even work correclty on an ISO device. Some times lsitening to music or video the left ear bud does not work and requires a complete clearing of the bluetooh pairing. Also some times the voice does not match up on video ... sometimes it does. So as I said simply put the ear buds are broken and Bose needs to make it right by refunding our money no matter how long we have owned them or provide an update that fixes the issue.

Bose step up here and fix these things or give us all our money back.

Also as I said in other posts, I own a pair or AirPods that work perfectly. ISO, windows 10 etc.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

I found that if you "CAST" a song to the Bose soundsport it does work from both sides. Not sure if this will help but perhaps it could be a work around for now. Problem is I want to listen to more t han just one song. Maybe it will help Bose find the answer.

Windows 10,  right click on a song select cast to device, then select the Bose soundsport.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Still not a permanent solution for people that need to watch videos for work or pleasure, play games on their computers, or stream music through pandora.

Hopefully the moderator Shilloh is watching. He's been quiet as of late.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

I just sent the following email to Bose, I'll update here with what they respond with.

Hello,

I recently got the SoundSport Free headphones for Christmas, and am running into some issues when trying to connect them to my Surface Book running Windows 10. My laptop is currently running Windows 10 version 1709 (also known as the Fall Creators Update).

When I first connect my SSFs to the computer, they will show as connected for Sound and Voice. Going into Playback Devices confirms that both the Hands-Free and Stereo devices are connected and set as default. However, as soon as any audio plays, whether it be system sounds such as notifications, music, or otherwise, the Stereo device will show as disconnected under Playback devices, and sound will then come out of the computer speakers. Looking at the Bluetooth device list, the SSFs will only show as being connected for voice.

Once this happens, the only way to get them to connect for audio again is to put them in the case, close all applications that play sound, and then take them out of the case to reconnect. This does not solve the issue though, and they will continue to disconnected any time a sound is played.

There have been multiple threads on the Bose support forums regarding this issue, such as:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-doesn-t-match-as-an-headset-on-Win...

or

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/SoundSport-Free-It-only-connects-with-quot-voice-q...

I have tried everything listed on those pages as solutions, but none of them worked. Furthermore, I have also tried manually adjusting the Bluetooth services, such as disabling HandsFree Telephony so it only connected using A2DP, but the Stereo device would still disconnect when sound was played.
In my Bluetooth settings, I have "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" enabled, as I read that might cause issues if it wasn't.

I also would like the point out that I called Bose Technical Support twice, and both representatives dismissed the issue as something that Microsoft would have to resolve, without much troubleshooting done at all. I know this is not an issue on Microsoft's end, as other Bluetooth headphones that I've had never experienced this kind of issue. I was also told to ensure that my computer was up to date, which it was. I also confirmed that the SSFs were up to date through the website with the Bose Updater.

Screenshots of how the device connected can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/1E0AM

I can't say I'm not a little disappointed with how this situation is being handled on Bose's end at the moment. According to moderators on the forums and technicians over the phone, a pair of $300 headphones have a glaring issue with the most popular operating system, and blame is being shifted away from them. Due to this, there hasn't been any word of a fix in the form of a software update or at least at acknowledgement that this is an actual bug.

If there is any further troubleshooting that I could perform to get more information for you, I would be more than happy to do it.

Thanks,
Bryan